12. Faerie Sitter

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

No part of this publication may be reproduced.

12. FAERIE SITTER

12. FAERIE SITTER

I woke up from a warm soothing touch stroking my face. I opened my eyes and saw Zophiel smiling with warmth and love in my direction. At the realization I slapped his hand away angrily. “Don’t touch me!” I hissed at him. The smile on his face quickly disappeared and was replaced by hurt. “I’m sorry…” he began. My mouth opened before he could finish his sentence because I didn’t want to hear the lies.

“Don’t even dare! Don’t even dare! I don’t need your excuses! All I needed was a person I could depend on! Someone who would be there and not let me down. Well guess what you freak of nature, you let me down! I’m not one of your human girl sluts you can fly to one after the other! I’m not one of your ho-bag girls that you can just swipe off their feet with fairytale lies and make out with them in the clouds!! I won’t be your skank! So take your lies with you and LEAVE ME ALONE!” I yelled as pissed off as I could. Who the hell did he think he was? I was not some love struck teenage girl he could use and play with when he had some time to mess around. Angel or not, I would not tolerate or give an inconsiderate playboy the day of light.

“Where did that come from? Alexis don’t think such madness. I have told you again and again that you are the only one!” he pleaded sad and heartbroken but I was opening my mouth already before I got any compassion. “Yeah of course Blue Jay because what, your story? Because angels are forbidden to show themselves to humans, and I should just believe that lie because? Guess what birdie boy; I am human and you’re talking to me! So no! I don’t believe your lies!!”I yelled at him angry and taken advantage of.

“She does make an excellent point boss.” A small blue and purple sparkling dragonfly winged creature said in the funniest helium voice as it flew from behind Zophiel. “I was late because of Snofu!” Zophiel said pleadingly sad and confused pointing at the little creature. I just stared big eyed at the weird looking creature hovering in midair above my bed. “No disrespect boss, but already having broken the number one rule upheld by the angelic society. Who says you haven’t broken it before on multiple occasions?” Snofu said smiling with his two tiny arms on his side and tapping his little shoe on an invisible plane. I couldn’t help but smile “Yeah who says you haven’t broken it before? And thanks Snofu!” I said feeling better as I gave a nod in its direction. “Snofu, I have told you everything that has happened and you know that’s true. You can feel it through the bond so tell her the truth! Before I swear on Mother Nature I will turn you in an ice cube!” Zophiel roared now boiling over from rage.

“Aww come on boss I just wanted to see your reaction hahaha.” Snofu said giggling with his own prank. Zophiel glared in silent anger at Snofu and the creature stopped laughing. “I’m sorry okay. But it is true my lady, you are the only one. My boss has never broken the human rule not even once in the past..” Snofu said as Zophiel quickly cover the creatures face with his entire hand. “The time is not of her concern Snofu.” Zophiel commented in embarrassment as his cheeks flushed a little bit.

“How old are you?” I asked in a monotone voice, because I was still angry. “My age is none of your concern.” Zophiel said conceded. “Snofu get the memory of Seth out of her head. Alexis, think of him, so Snofu can pick it up. Snofu when you have the memory, search and protect.” Zophiel demanded in a stern and pissed off voice, letting me know he was done listing to my accusations. I decided to cooperate since I realized Snofu was going to be protecting Seth and it took so much weight of my shoulders. The worry and fear had been consuming me the past months and it had been slowly destroying me in the process.