13. Caught in the Act

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

No part of this publication may be reproduced.

13. CAUGHT IN THE ACT

Reluctantly flying through the headquarters barrier I glided towards the building that held Lt. Colonel Zacharias office. This was going to be a disaster or a very lucky draw. The entire week I had spent with Alexis had passed so quickly that I had completely forgotten about my original mission and I had no idea how I was going to cover that up. I landed on the grass and straightened my shirt and jacked not allowing my nerves to get the best of me. I still had three hours to come up with a good alibi but that could wait. I wanted to check out the library for some information that could help me with Alexis’ special situation. Because as far as I was concerned, there had never been a human who was able to see passed our invisibility shields. So I figured the library could maybe give me a clue or aid me in the puzzling situation.

Walking slowly up towards the library doors, I saw Thalliard walking out with a lot of sweep and swoosh. The pink winged and Kunzite tipped Angel was the personal secretary of Eosthrathaeus himself. Besides being obviously interested in men, he was brilliant or fabulous as he described it. Thalliard had worked his way up to his position in only 1726 years which was astonishing for an angel who wasn't part of the angelic defense system. "Sweetheart! Oh My Mother Nature it izzz good to see you looking yummie as always." he said as he licked his lips. "Thank you Thalliard, you look great yourself, also I like the longer hair. It suits you." I remarked as I gave him a polite smile. "Well sweetheart I'd love for you to sparkle all over my blond hair, but I gotta get these to Eos." The winking pink angel said as he strutted passed me. His attitude was a nice change compared to all the other working angels, at least he actually seemed to enjoy what he did. Never the less he was brilliant and everyone respected him the way he was.

Walking through the heavy oak doors my eye fell on the thousands and millions of old books. The books were all neatly organized in hard oak shelves and went up all the way to the ceiling which was ten stories high. Beside a couple of movable ladders everyone knew this library was made for Angels and that made me smile. "Looking for something in particular Zophiel?" The old gray and brown tipped angel said from behind a big stack of books. "Hey Tarquin, it's been awhile!" I said cheerful. "It's been 371 years exact." he said with a somber face. "Yeah I remember your 5th millennium celebration. It was marvelous to say the least, but don’t worry Tarquin you still have centuries to go before your coming of light ceremony.” I said trying to lighten up the mood. “Yeah thanks for reminding me young one. Now, what are you looking for?” He said stepping out from behind the large stack of books trying to avoid the subject. “Well I was looking for something along the lines of human affinity disappearance and its exceptions over the past centuries.” I said making sure I didn’t cause any suspicion. “It seems like someone has forgotten their history lessons hahaha… I’ll fly you to the section but you won’t find anything that you don’t already know.” Tarquin said with a grin as he flew off towards the upper region of the library.

*** New character be carefull ^_^

“Oooww fancy seeing you here Hermiel” Thalliard said as he shook his pink wings exited. “Well well, if it isn’t mister cotton candy.” I said giving a fake smile and walked straight past him into Eosthrathaeus office. I honestly was not in the mind set for Thalliard’s happy chirpy mood right now. My eye fell on Eos who seemed to be intensely immersed in thought as he just stared outside his large window. The window was almost completely covered by his very large stretched out Silver and Sapphire tipped wings. “I will come back later my Archangel.” I said in a stern disappointed voice and turned on my heels back towards the door. I couldn’t believe he was still acting this way. “I was just stretching Hermiel, tell me what you have to say.” Eos demanded tired as he lazily motioned me to sit down.