9. Stars

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

No part of this publication may be reproduced.

9.STARS

As I looked up into magnificent ocean blue eyes of the breathtaking angel with his powerful dark blue wings, our eyes locked in fascination. I watched in awe as he fastened the beating of his beautiful wings. ‘Was he leaving again?’ I thought to myself as I felt the despair rise up inside me. The thought of being alone again made me eyes swell up. Desperately I slapped my hand against the cold glass of my window. “Don’t leave me. Please.” I sobbed, as tears streaked down my cheeks. I didn’t want to be sad anymore and left with nothing else than to ponder over my despair and isolation. Having no idea how dangerous this creature could be, I knew one thing for certain. He had shown me kindness when I needed it most.

I stared in fascination as the muscular handsome angelic man gracefully glided towards my window. In my amazement he placed his much larger hand against mine on the other side of the glass. Even so, I could feel the warmth of his presence flowing through it. I couldn’t stop looking at his eyes that were clearly showing sadness and remorse. My eyes blinked and when they opened again, all I could see again was the snow covered forest. He had vanished and had taken his beautiful ice lotuses with him. The feeling of absolute abandonment and despair washed over me, as I broke down in tears.

“Please don’t cry.” A kind masculine voice said as it startled me. My arms still clutching my legs, I lifted my head in disbelief. My room had been filled with tiny floating dark blue sparkles and the culprit was the handsome angel standing right in the middle of it. “Please don’t cry beautiful. It pains me to see you so consumed by sadness.” The angel explained, as he held his large strong hand over his heart.

“Why?” I softly muttered. I wanted to ask a million questions, however I had no idea where to start. He gave me a comforting smile as he closed the distance between us. My heart beat quickened for the sight of him was intoxicating. He slowly lifted his arm, so he could run his warm fingers through my white hair; Instead of turning away, I melted from the inside out. “Because you are the most unique creature I have ever met.” He replied as het got even closer. His powerful arms found their way around me, delicately embracing me in his warmth. I leaned completely into his embrace while taking in his scent. He smelled like the ocean and he heated me up like the sun. Cradling me closer, he kissed the top of my head as he completely took in my scent.

“Well, this creatures name is Alexis.” I softly replied, snuggling my face more in his chest. I was completely overstepping my physical boundaries, but I couldn’t stop. My body moved passively when I was in the presence of this marvelous creature. My body craved for affection for stability. “Alexis. It suits you.” He whispered as he continued stroking my hair. “I don’t understand. You, this, none of it.” I confessed in my confusion.I spoke up again when I felt his lips stop touching my hair. “In my world angels don’t exist, only demons. Yet here you are, taking away all my sorrow with a simple touch.”

“I cannot answer all of your questions, for some even elude me. However, my beautiful Alexis, we angels do exist, and yours is called Zophiel. From now on there is no reason for you to be sad anymore, for I shall always be there to protect you.” He said with the sweetest voice that just melted my heart. I wanted to believe him. I really wanted to, I needed a break from the insanity here in Forest Hill so that I could enjoy life again. He made me feel. He brought me back the emotions I had thought lost since that last night at the orphanage. “Would you like to see the stars Alexis?” He asked me completely out of the blue. Confused, I automatically looked outside at the sky that was covered in thick clouds. “It’s snowing Blue Jay, so that won’t be possible.” I commented with a smile. “It’s true, that a Blue Jay wouldn’t be able to fly you over the clouds, however I’m no Blue jay.” he said with a big smirk while he ruffled my hair. “You mean to say, that you want to fly me up there?” I asked confused and excited about the possibility. “Yes, but you’ll have to hold on tight and trust me completely when I teleport us out of this prison of yours”. With big eyes that were filled with excitement, I nodded. “I trust you”.