16. Small friend, Big Suprise

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

No part of this publication may be reproduced.

16. Small friend Big Surprise

“You seem happy.”Snofu stated with a large smile. “Yeah, so what if I am?” I said with a wide grin on my face. “Nothing, I just figured that besides obsessing over that girl, you’d worry more about getting out of here?” Snofu asked as he tilted his head to the side. The little funny creature did make a good point, but it felt like an eternity that I’d seen her, talked to her. I missed her and I knew she missed me too. I couldn’t wait to hug her tomorrow and plan our great escape further. No matter how miserable we were here, we never gave up on our goal. Getting out and getting our family back. No matter how hard it got or how far away, we would find the others. “Don’t be silly. Its been on our mind since we got here Sparkles.”I teased the creature. “Don’t call me Sparkles! You know what happened last time! You know its degrading since I can’t help it!” Snofu puffed up a little red as he pointed his little glowing finger angry at me. “Oh stop puffing up! I was joking; you need to learn how to take a joke for once Snofu. You can’t go around burning people’s hair every time you find something offensive.” I said for the millionth time but I knew it would take years before he calmed his temper. “I made your hair grow back didn’t I? So don’t mope around, it was just a joke Seth. Learn to take a joke Sethhh.” Snofu mocked me in his little helium voice.

I stretched my arms and place them behind my head. “Oh, you have no idea how bad I want to flick you right now.” I chuckled. I had tried that once before and miserably failed, the creature was incredibly fast. “Yeah, you totally should. I love seeing you run around like a chicken.” Snofu giggled and I joined him in his laughter. “So Seth, how are you going to get out of this place anyways?” The creature asked concerned. “Well, I have a couple of plans but to be honest I want to brainstorm over them with Alexis first.” I said a bit sad as I thought about her and him. “Seth, don’t remember that part. I can feel you hurting.” Snofu mumbled. “Well sorry I can’t help it! And stop looking in my head!” I blurted annoyed. I didn’t want to think about Alexis being courted by some creature that I was never going to see. Because in the end no matter what Snofu said, this creature might as well have been Tsechiliz. If this creature was so great why didn’t he just get us out of here? No, he sends me a babysitter as he plays with her in her cage. She isn’t a damn hamster! “Stop it Seth, he loves her and I’ve told you many times he cannot interfere with the human world, and neither can I. We can only watch, we cannot alter big situations or we are punished. By death! If my master perishes, so will I.” Snofu sobbed as he broke out in tears.

Oh boy I didn’t want the little guy the cry. Yeah I was pissed off, but we would eventually get out of here. Family was the mission and I had to stop with this stupid infatuation. Because deep inside I had this feeling it was all Tsechiliz’ doing. “There is a plan Snofu, but as you’ve seen it’s not that easy, to get out of here.” I mumbled disappointed. The little creature stopped sobbing and out of the blue a big smiled spread on his tiny face. “True that, its crawling with demons here! Not to mention that getting out is hard when half of the staff is infected by them.”Snofu sighed as he rolled around on my bed like nothing happened. “Yeah, you just came with a whole bunch of new surprises.”I chuckled as I remembered the awkward night that I met Snofu.

***

My head hit the soft pillow, all I wished for was some well deserved sleep, but fear prevented me from closing my eyes. I didn’t want a rerun in the Tsechiliz dream realm even if sleep was dragging me under. My thoughts wandered to Alexis, and how she was dealing with all these nightmares. I hated the fact that I couldn’t see her or talk to her about my horrible experience and that made me feel even more alone in this godforsaken place. Oh how I would give anything right now to turn back time and just be back at the Orphanage and all us musketeers back together again. Sleep was dragging me under and the last thing that was on my mind was my twin brother before I drifted off to sleep.