𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

TW: Mention of rape

TW: Mention of rape.

. . .

I'm aware of Dante and Antonio's stares on me but I'm too in shock to react to anything that I'm seeing.

Although I don't know what to say right now, I can feel that my mind is about to start swarming with questions that I can ask later after they finish showing me whatever else.

Why are there cells down here with people in them? Why are they cowering away whenever Dante and Antonio walk past their cell? Who are these people and what have they done to be in this situation? Are they in the mafia?

I take a deep breath to calm my heart rate before we reach the end of the cells. We don't talk or make a sound the entire time and it's making my anxiety spike.

They lead back to the elevator and I sigh a breath of relief. Instead of taking me to the living room again, they walked me to Antonio's office.

Realisation hits me as we step into his office. They're going to tell me the truth and confess whatever else they have to say.

Antonio takes a seat in his chair and leans back while his elbow rests on the arm chair, his face looking more serious than ever and Dante leans against the desk with his arms crossed.

Their stares intensify making me feel like I'm about to be interviewed. I prepare for their next words, honestly expecting them to confess the truth until they say, "Do you have any questions?"

"Why do you have cells down there? Why are those people there? What do they cower away from you?" I spill out the questions as my hands start to shake.

Fuck, they're really intimidating right now.

"We keep cells down there because it's quicker to have access to those people. They're in there because they have either raped, killed or sex slaved children between the ages of a few months to about sixteen, and women from the ages of seventeen to twenty-six." My heart shatters at the words.

Anger filters in at the words, "- raped, killed or sex slaved children between the ages of a few months to about sixteen, and women from the ages of seventeen to twenty-six."

God, how sick of a person do you have to be to do that or even think to do it.

Chills whisper down my spine at the reminder of yesterday when that could've happened to me if that man took me, if it were not for Antonio and Dante.

"They're afraid of us because we are the Dons of the Italian Mafia, and because at anytime we could go down there and do whatever we want as long as it's in the form of torture." Dante stare into my soul. I can sense that they are trying to read my expressions.

But all I still feel is anger. Not for what they just said about being Dons in the Italian Mafia but about the rape, killing and sex slaving.

Not too long after my eyes widen when I process what they just said. Oh fuck, they're Don's of the Italian mafia. I was right about them being in the mafia. I just didn't expect them to be the Don's.

They chuckle leaving me stunned that they find my reaction funny. "We're guessing here that you didn't think we were Dons?" Dante says, making me nod my head.

"Don't I have to swear an oath or something similar?" I question remembering reading a book where she found out her boyfriend was a Don and he made her say an oath.

"We don't think you should because if you break that oath we have to execute you which is one of the punishments or cut off your tongue. But we trust you enough that you won't tell a soul." Dante responds.

I stiffen at his words. I mean who would I tell? Camilla?

"And if you're wondering, Camilla's husband, Sebastian, is part of our mafia. He's actually our Third in command." I gape at the new information from Dante.

That's why Dante was with Sebastian last night. Holy God's, this is insane. That means that Camilla is married into the mafia.

"What exactly do you partake in?" I question, wondering if they into sex trafficking, drugs, etc or against it.

"We distribute drugs to people who are above 18 and can prove it but we don't allow our soldiers or men to use it. And it's the harmless drugs that can't kill them unless they take too much at once. We prevent sex trafficking, in fact we rescue victims of it as much as we can. And you already saw what we do with serial killers, rapists and sex traffickers and more." Antonio responds this time.

I nod my head, as I take in all of this information. I'm still in shock at everything but wow.

Remembering that the majority of the world doesn't know Antonio's name has me thinking why.

"Why do you keep your name a secret?" I direct the question to Antonio.

"Because my parents were judged for my older brother's name who they announced before he was born but a few days later she had a miscarriage. So they kept my name a secret but not Luciano's because it means light and shining. Even though my name has a good meaning to it, my parents just decided to keep it a secret anyway. And it will stay like that until I decide otherwise." Antonio explains, making my eyebrows raise in surprise.

"Is there anything else you would like to know?" Dante questions this time and I take a few moments to decide whether I do but come to the conclusion that I don't have anymore.

Shaking my head, Dante turns back to meet Antonio's gaze as they nod to each other.

"Breakfast?"