𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Taking a bite of my Benedict eggs, I scroll through my emails as I wait for Katya's message to pop up

I woke up late so I had to push back my meetings for today which means that my session with Katya will have to start later than I want it to.

I don't allow myself to worry when she doesn't send one at all. By the time it's 7am, I decide to put my dishes in the sink and leave for work.

Throughout the day my concern gets the best of me and I find myself not focusing in the meetings. Zoning out constantly, just picturing what could be the reason why she hadn't sent me a message.

By the time it's 3 in the afternoon, I decide to leave and check up on Katya. I go to her office first where they say they don't know where she is.

Parking in her driveway, I get put and knock on her door. Three minutes pass and I'm about to turn and leave when the door finally opens.

My brows crease even more as I take in Katya. Pale, sweaty, red eyes and dark eye bags.

"Hi Dante, sorry for not messaging you I-"she says before her eyes widen and she puts up a hand before running to what I'm guessing is the bathroom.

I follow after her, when she realises I'm with her she protests but I ignore her and tie her hair up properly before I soothe her by rubbing her back up and down. 

By the time she's done throwing up, I'm now kneeling behind her. She leans her body against the wall, collapsing in exhaustion.

"I'm sorry you have to see me like this. I don't know why I'm so sick after being perfectly fine yesterday. Also sorry for not messaging you earlier, I've just been occupied." She says pointing to the toilet.

I shake my head, "It's okay." Is all I say before not hesitating and picking her up bridal style. She squeals in fright and tries to get me to put her down.

I cradle her closer to me at her protests. Climbing the stairs without a sweat, I walk into her room and then into her connected bathroom.

Placing her onto the sink, I turn to leave so I can go find something to make for her that she can keep down, when she grabs my bicep.

I face her and find her staring up at me, "Are you leaving?" She asks.

"I would never, Bella. Go take a bath, I'll be back in 10 minutes." Is all I instruct before closing the door and going back downstairs.

. . .

I let ten minutes pass by before I take her snack and green tea up to her. Placing it on her vanity, I knock on the bathroom door.