Clark

From my dorm window, I could catch the orange lights of the boy's school flickering across the field if the night was especially dark. Tonight, clouds hovered above, concealing the winking stars and the bright white moon. 

From across the room with its desert-sand walls, my bunkmate slept soundly. She lay tucked on her side, a thick teddy bear held firmly to her chest. I smiled as I watched her.

Reagan was my dearest friend, and she knew exactly who she was: a little. And she had been paired with a daddy-dom last week. I had the opportunity to watch them together during the first day of the project and I immediately spotted why any submissive would like to be a little. I think we all had a little 'little' inside us, but some certainly had a lot more than others. Reagan had a considerable amount. For example, she had a bad habit of sucking on her thumb in her sleep, so her dominant immediately gave her a pacifier to relieve her finger. 

While I didn't take too kindly to it when Graham tried it on me, Reagan nearly melted to a puddle at her dominant's feet. She later told me that she had never sucked on a pacifier before and that it was truly divine.

I felt cheated for not feeling the same when Graham popped a pacifier between my lips, telling me how pretty I looked. But, maybe it wasn't the pacifier that irked me. Maybe it was him. There was nothing special about him. He was just a boring toe-head with a voice that didn't rumble through my bones. He was just a boy.

I sighed, settling further into the window seat as my eyes continued to watch the flickering lights of the Dominant school. Had I completely ruined myself by adoring Headmaster Warren as deeply as I did? Comparing every dominant to him wasn't the answer...because there was nobody like Headmaster Warren.

Folding my arms around my legs, I tucked my knees to my chest and leaned my forehead into the cold glass.

Tomorrow, I would meet the match that Headmaster Warren came up with this afternoon. To my relief, I wasn't the only student undergoing the same process of meeting new dominants. I just happened to be the only one that had already trail-blazed through three of them, and now onto my fourth.

The first step of the project was correctly matching a submissive and a dominant for the exam. Eighty percent of the senior class had completed this step and now spent a considerable part of their day with their match. This would continue for weeks with supervision. The next step was unsupervised visits and regular check-ins with a professor or Headmaster Warren. And the final step was unsupervised for several days to a week where the students were meant to record most everything for their final presentation.

***

Tomorrow arrived as unexcitedly as the last, and I found myself in the auditorium with at least a dozen other submissives who were still being paired. The auditorium was exactly halfway between the two schools and it looked as ethereal and castle-like as the rest of the academies. I thoroughly enjoyed being inside the structure, if only for different reasons...

Before I left my bed that morning, Reagan gave me these parting words:

"Just be yourself, Kat," she said while brushing my hair from my forehead.

"If I'm myself then he won't like me because he'll realize how utterly lost I am as a submissive," I replied, turning to bury my face in my soft feather-down pillow that smelled of grass and summer.

"I'm pretty sure his single purpose is to help you find yourself, which maybe you haven't been able to do without the proper dominant's help."

"Well," I snorted, not buying her advice, "I'm not holding my breath that this is the one."

"C'mon, Kat," she plopped down beside me and we curled into each other; my arms around her while her hands played in my hair. "Don't you have a little fun during the pairings? I really enjoyed playing with a couple of them before I met Jordan."