Baby Turtle

From my place in the corner of the cabin, where the fire sizzled nearby to a few orange embers, Clark beckoned me over. I turned and padded barefoot across the hardwood.

I stopped and knelt in front of Clark who was still seated at the edge of the bed.

"Master?" I asked after several minutes of silence. Clark's hands had been in my hair, but he hadn't spoken a word.

"Yes, Katherine?"

"Why... did you want me to slip?"

"Hmm?"

"I mean..." I studied a wrinkle in his black slacks. "Why did you want me to try being a little so badly?"

Clark's chest rose and fell as a heavy sigh escaped. While he considered his answer, his fingers started a gentle trail up and down my bare arm.

"Dawson."

"Dawson?"

"Dawson's tastes tend to lean towards Littles."

I blinked. "Dawson is a... daddy-dom?"

Clark nodded with a hum and I slowly lowered my gaze back to the wrinkle in his slacks.

"So, I'll have to be a little with him...?"

"I don't think he would force it," Clark responded firmly. "But, I imagine it will come out from time to time. I just wanted you to understand what that might look like."

"Dawson wouldn't spank me like that..." I commented thoughtfully and Clark's head tilt curiously.

"What makes you think that?"

I craned my neck and met Clark's frown with a small smile. "You were far too sadistic in your punishment. You would never pass for a daddy-dom."

"Excuse you, My Katherine," Clark growled, his hand tightening in my hair. "I would make an excellent daddy-dom if I so wished to be one."

"No, you wouldn't," I giggled, my voice strained at the slight pressure applied to my scalp. "You can't hang littles from the ceiling and cane the backs of their thighs."

"Such insolence!" Clark explained, and I couldn't help the laughter that bubbled up my throat. My heart felt near to bursting at Clark's playfulness, and when he pulled me into his lap, his mouth tickling my neck with his teeth; I squealed.

That's when a knock on the door interrupted.

Clark's head lifted from my neck and with a stern frown, he eyed the door with great loathing.

"Who could that be?" I murmured as Clark set me aside. Standing from the bed, he padded towards the cabin door, swinging it open with a dangerous scowl that dared anyone outside to further the interruption.

From my place on the bed, I couldn't see who stood on the other side of the door. But from the shift in Clark's expression, I could tell it was somebody he hadn't been expecting.

"I just wanted to make sure she was all right..." I heard from outside; the voice soft and concerned. "From the beach earlier, things looked a little... tense."

Clark's expression darkened. He looked conflicted as he nodded as if he almost appreciated the person's concern, or at the very least, understood it.

"She's fine," he answered, his voice gentler than his expression.

"All right," I heard an uncertain reply and the sound of shifting feet on the sandy porch as if the person was hesitant to leave.

With a sigh, Clark nearly rolled his eyes. "Do you want to see her?" he asked, stepping back as if to make room for the mysterious individual to enter.