Big Girl Katherine

The grass tickled at my knees as I knelt before Clark, who was busy wrestling the clasps of my overalls back into place. He was saying something before he began dressing me, but the metal clips that secured the overalls over my shoulders required so much of his attention, that his words froze in his mouth. I watched, smiling-ever-so-slightly at his pinched face, near to exasperation at the mechanics of my clothing.

"I swear," he grumbled. "I don't think I've ever..." he trailed off, his eyes drifting to my face as he caught sight of my smile. His hands froze for a moment, his eyes studying me so intensely that I started to feel uneasy, thus, removing the smile from my face.

Clark didn't look unhappy or displeased. He looked at me as if he didn't recognize me. Had he never seen me smile before?

As I thought about it, I came to the strange conclusion that he hadn't. I couldn't think of a time I had smiled with him since our project began.

It wasn't because I didn't want to. Clark was a very intense person. I couldn't think of a time I had ever heard him laugh. As his submissive, my behavior and actions reflected him. If he wasn't going to smile, neither was I.

Without a word, he returned his attention to the clasp and within the next few seconds, we both heard a click, and the job was done.

"Hello, Miss Katherine—Clark."

Clark and I swiveled around, squinting up into the sun as Headmaster Warren appeared. I almost didn't recognize him, dressed down to a pair of jeans and a white button-down.

"I hope I'm not interrupting?"

"No, sir," I answered just as Clark said; "We need a few more minutes."

Blushing, I tentatively looked his way, knowing he wouldn't be happy that I had answered for us. When I lifted my eyes to his, I spotted his displeasure and offered a soft apology.

"Headmaster Warren, did you need to speak with me?" Clark stood to address the Headmaster, but I remained on my knees, knowing better than to stand without permission.

"Actually, Clark, it was Katherine who I came to see. Would you mind if I borrowed her for a time?"

"Not at all. Could we have a few moments to wrap up our discussion?"

"Of course," Headmaster Warren answered courteously before stepping away and finding another student to wish a good day to.

Alone, once again, with Clark, I turned my attention to him as he took his position on the garden bench. His features, hard as stone, showed his displeasure, and guilt ripped through me.

"At least you have the good sense to look ashamed," he murmured, studying my bowed hand.

"I'm sorry, Master," I breathed, feeling terribly stupid for forgetting my etiquette once again.

"Such a slip, My Katherine. Speaking for your dominant?" He tutted disapprovingly and my heart hammered at the sound of it. He lifted my chin with his fingers and I looked up into the disapproving eyes of my master. "My ever-forgetful Katherine... What do you have to say for yourself?"

"I'm sorry," I said it again, with more feeling this time. "I...I like Headmaster Warren, Master. I get excited when I see him, and...and I forget myself."

"You like him?" Clark asked incredulously.

"N-not like that," I reached up and gripped the wrist attached to the hand that held my head firmly in place. "I like him, but not like I like you! I-I like you more, Master."

"You like him, but not like you like me?" He raised an eyebrow. "And just how exactly do you like me, Katherine?"

"Like...like..." I closed my eyes. I tried to lower my head, but he wouldn't allow it, the fingers beneath my chin pushing back, lifting my head even more than before. "I like Headmaster Warren like a father—"