Epilogue Part 2

All concern aside, and fear of punishment forgotten, I lurched forward and launched myself into his arms. I crashed into his chest with great force, but he didn't stumble back. Instead, he lifted me from the ground, and together we held onto each other silently, words unnecessary. He smelled like home and happiness and strength and everything I had been missing over the past week.

"Hello, My Katherine," he spoke into my hair and my arms tightened around him.

"Hello, Master," I breathed my reply, so happy to be addressing him again after these long seven days of little to no communication due to his exam schedule.

I almost told him that I had missed him so much, but it didn't feel overly necessary. He knew. It was evident in the way I held onto him as if he was the very air I breathed as if I would suffocate without him.

Eventually, he lowered my feet to the carpet, and I stepped back and looked up at him. He was as expressionless as ever, his eyes dark and intimidating.

Did he miss me as badly as I missed him...?

I wanted to know, but I also knew that expressing his feelings wasn't something Clark did very often.

Lowering my head, I watched his hands catch mine and hold them gently in his.

"How are you home...?"

"I rescheduled my final exam for this morning, barely before the sun started to rise."

That sounded awful to me; waking up so early to concentrate first thing?

"But, why?" I asked, curious as to why he would torture himself like that. He didn't answer. Instead, his eyes bore into mine and his brow lifted ever-so-slightly as if he were giving me a hint to the reason why he had returned early.

Oh... He had returned home sooner to deal with me...

Blushing, I lowered my head again.

"I heard you were a little naughty while I was gone," his voice rumbled dangerously like silk and my heart skipped in my chest. "Is this true, My Katherine?"

"Yes, Master," I whispered, keeping my eyes down respectfully as I replied. His fingers released mine and then trailed up and down the length of my arms, goosebumps pebbling across my skin in response.

"I heard you broke a rule, my love..."

"Yes, Master..."

"Has she been disciplined?" He asked Dawson who must have nodded his reply because there was no verbal answer to Clark's question.

"Badly?"

"Not too terribly. A spanking. Nothing more."

"You let her off easy."

"I know."

I heard a hint of a smile in Dawson's voice, but I ignored it, wishing instead that the ground would open up and swallow me.

The spanking last night wasn't easy, I wanted to argue. What would Clark have done in Dawson's place? The thought made me tremble.

"I knew she would be receiving discipline from you as well..." Dawson went on to explain. "I couldn't have her overly sore."

"No, you couldn't," Clark murmured his agreement and I could tell his eyes were back on me, studying my bowed head before his hand appeared beneath my chin to lift my head. "Let's have a chat."

Clark took my hand and twined his fingers with mine. As he slowly tugged me from the room, I spared a longing glance to Dawson, hoping that perhaps he might suggest that I had learned my lesson plenty last night. But, no such leniency would reward me today.