Headmaster Warren

At Headmaster Warren's feet, I knelt on the thinly carpeted floor with my hands tucked properly in my lap while the Headmaster's fingers dug through my thick hair. Moaning softly through parted lips, my posture slacked ever-so-slightly, and Headmaster Warren's hand stilled against my scalp until I fixed my position. Then he resumed; brushing the curtain of hair over my shoulder so he could knead the base of my neck.

"Don't go to sleep, Katherine," Headmaster Warren mused gently. "We have much to discuss."

"Yes, sir..."

Although I promised that I wouldn't, I felt very close to dozing off and slouching over into a sleepy slump at his feet.

"Come, Katherine," Headmaster Warren pulled his fingers from my hair and sat back in his chair. "Take a seat and let's begin."

When I didn't immediately move from my position on the floor, he quirked a dangerous eyebrow and leaned his elbows into his knees; placing a finger beneath my chin.

"Is there any reason why you're feeling deliberately disobedient this morning? Need I remind you that you're already on very thin ice for arriving at my office four minutes behind schedule?"

My face flushed with heat as I recalled the several minutes of corner time I had received immediately upon entering the Headmaster's office.

"No, sir..."

"Then why aren't you sitting in the chair as I instructed?"

"You told me to a take a seat, and I'm already seated, so..."

"Feeling cheeky today, hmm? So, you believe that you're beyond reproach because it's the last day of school?"

"No, sir," I sighed, knowing my attempt to stay at his feet had gotten me in trouble.

"And since does cheekiness ever work out for you, Katherine?"

"It doesn't, sir."

"No, it doesn't." His finger dropped from my chin, but I kept my head where it was and maintained eye contact.

"I'm sorry, sir," I apologized softly. "I'll be good. I'll listen."

"I should hope so, young lady." Headmaster Warren tucked an unruly wave behind my ear, warming me to the core with his affection. "We both know what Clark would have to say if you got yourself in trouble, don't we?"

"Yes, sir."

"What would he say?"

"Disciplined at school... disciplined at home."

"That's right. And knowing Clark, I think your earlier corner time will be addressed again at the end of the day, so perhaps we shouldn't add to it by acting cheeky. Would you agree?"

"Yes, sir. I won't be cheeky again, I promise."

"Thank you, Katherine. Now, where should you be right now?"

Blushing heatedly once again, I rose from my place on the floor and rounded the front side of the desk. I perched properly in the seat provided and placed my hands properly in my lap.

"Thank you." Headmaster Warren smiled. "Now," he continued, retrieving the black blinder that I had supplied upon my arrival. "Did you complete your binder?"

"Yes, sir. I've kept a log and I wrote my final exam on Clark. It's a little long. I had to add a few more papers at the back..."

"That's quite all right, Katherine. I didn't expect anything less than the absolute best from you."

"Well," I shrugged bashfully. "It's the most important assignment of the year, sir."

"Yes," he hummed as he flipped through the binder. "It is..."