The Three Stars

[Aviea Island Leaders' Center, Agate Republic, Aviea]

Avieasolia

The Soliean Republic was always close. The three stars defend and support the Republic at all times. Solia Noctia is our capital star, Agate Republic on its first world. Intafari of Solia Pollyanna is our wilderness, unexplored territory with spiritual significance. Solia Aqua is our industry, the weaker part of Solia. Nevertheless, Solia could not have its republic broken, or chaos would cover the galaxy.

A Soliean probe had not been released for hundreds of years. This new probe was designed to head for the center point between the three stars, a location completely unknown to the Soliean Republic. Our history was forgotten, the probe was the beginning of our recovery.

Our probe was launched about an hour ago, before Solia Noctia even rose in the west, and I watched it on a map as it traveled closer to the centerpoint. I carefully made some adjustments to its trajectory, aiming it a bit off-center from the core to avoid a possible collision with whatever resides there. The probe continued functioning perfectly until it reached about one kilometer out from the center. This is when the probe began to break down. The instruments showed an anomaly just before the camera went offline. The spectrometer and other instruments went out less than five seconds later. The last picture taken by the camera looked like a green and teal iris in space, some kind of portal perhaps. I got my black cloak and sheathed my sword across my back before exiting the mission control room. I ran down the long hallway, glancing out the window at the Capital of the Soliean Republic, lying within the Agate Republic Island Chain on the planet Aviea. The gold-silver skyscrapers gleamed at the base of Mt. Aviea beneath me. I exited into the hot Aviean air, which usually is around 316 degrees Kelvin. I followed the rocky grey path to the Capitol Mission Conference Center to share the events of our probe's discovery. Once I arrived, I saw that several of the territory ships had already landed on the grey pad above me. I walked into the elevator and ascended to our voting conference room.

When I walked in, the others had already arrived. The leaders of each major territory of Aviea were there: The leader of the Emerald Alliance Territories from the south-east, Granite, a rock-like Aviean Bear; the leader of Aquat to the south-west, Jet, a large black female cat; the leader of the Soliae Territory Alliance to the north-west, Starrypelt, a black cat with yellow-orange spots; as well as several others from smaller territories, such as Citrine Tourmaline and other other planets in the system.

"Hello my fellow territory leaders! Today we must discuss the destruction of the exploration probe we released to the system core to explore what has been causing signal disruption there." I said, introducing the subject. The leaders settled down at their seats and waited to hear what would come next. "Our probe detected a rift in the exact center before blinking out. We have the last picture the camera took." I pressed a button on the wall to make a projection. The green iris was quite bright against the background of space. It even almost outshined the other two stars, Solia Pollyanna and Solia Aqua.

"What-, is that, exactly?" Granite inquired.

"We aren't quite sure, Granite, although we do know that it is consuming a ton of kinetic energy from the surrounding matter. It ripped our probe apart like it was nothing." I replied.

"In that case, an expedition would be pointless," an Aquan ambassador cat from Zekj remarked. "Any ship we send there could be ripped apart too, as well as the crew."

"Not necessarily, we could, 'inject' a high amount of energy into the rift before entering. The oversupply could potentially charge it up enough for it to ignore the ship passing through" Starrypelt suggested.

"Great idea- we could use some kind of weapon system, perhaps a missile of some sort to give it all the kinetic energy it needs" Granite replied.

"It can't be nuclear, not that those work anymore. If it were, we might have our ship systems knocked out by an EMP" the leader of Tourmaline said.