Separation Day

Henry

Our small transport made its way to Aviea on the last of its fuel, landing in the Emerald Territory at night.

"This is your territory?" Sapphire asked.

"Well; hardly, since I'm rarely actually here!" Granite told her.

"I still can't get over how amazing Emerald Territory is!" Onyx reminded us.

"Oh c'mon guys, it's just a bit of land!" Mountain mocked.

Granite led us to the Leader Building, where he informed us was the place "where all the magic happens." He showed off the scanners and tools, fancy technology, etc. He also showed us how his territory equality, yet also individuality was so important, because this date was Separation Day.

"So tonight is a party for what exactly?" Onyx asked.

"Everything and anything, but it just so happens to be the same day West Filsa broke free from us and became its own territory."

"I remember that! Mountain commented. "That day you shoved a deuterium grenade in the face of the leader of Filsa!"

"Wow, Granite's a savage now!" Onyx laughed.

"About Filsa..." I started, "Any chance we can go there?"

"Perhaps, but why don't we celebrate, then get some rest, then go do that." Granite replied.

"Gosh you guys!" Mountain remarked, "it's not even Separation Day yet! That's tomorrow!"

"So that's all you do here? Party?" Sapphire asked, "Sounds great!!!"

Granite led us out on the balcony, where we could see a giant blazing fire in the city center, a big beacon tower lit, everything! There were even boats in the channel, filled with candles and rocket-explody things!

"Confront your people Granite!" Onyx laughed.

"Emerald Territory!" Granite began, catching the attention of the great, energetic, feasting, happy crowds below. "One year ago, we were having great conflicts with the territories of Filsa! In an attempt to repair our relations in a calm manner, my newly acquired apprentice Mountain and I set for the capital to make certain our territories would be able to repair and heal, then on to be separate lands, separate territories, each with the pride for their cultures and creatures and well being; on this day, the Eve of Separation Day!"

The crowd roared and cheered with enthusiasm for their great leader.

"Today you see by me my newly-built team. Avieasolia himself gave me this team of Soliean Protectors to help us learn about our universe. We were united to show other territories many a great thing, especially what we have done here! I have brought with me these citizens of the Soliean Republic. Not all are leaders, but just like you know, every one of us is our own! We are all equal, yet special in our own way!"

More and more cats, bears, humans, and even the rare owl joined in the city, showing their support for Granite.

"Here you can see my great friends I have made, Mountain, the invisible assassin from Ealtae! Henry, the strategist who is also from Ealtae! We also have Sleepy, the new leader of SleprahDegacer, or better known Sleepy2c! Onyx, the defender and new leader of the Aquat Territory of Aviea! And of course, Sapphire, bow-master of Ealtae!"

Granite pulled each of us forward to show us to his people, who cheered at every one of us.

"Wow, great speech Granite, now what?" Onyx inquired.

"I'm just gonna go down and see the people, you know, hang out."

"Nooo-way you're not!"

"Join me if you'd like!"