Intafari Traverse

Onyx

By the time I woke up the others were already at the windows looking out to the beautiful planet Intafari. The planet is about the size of Aviea and looks like a giant spider-web mountain mesh with deep pockets of water between the chains of mountains.

Granite flew the ship towards one of the flatter mountains, where a giant city shot high into the sky. I examined the city as we circled down to it. The buildings were tall, sharp, and skinny, wrapped up in a tall sparkling wall. Granite pointed the ship that on the side had a landing pad.

"I present to you the grand city Iatolin," Granite said.

"We have you on our radar, Ziltri informed us ahead of your arrival. The landing pads are open!"

After the ship landed and we were ready to go explore, we were surprised to hear Avieasolia tell us he was going to the transmission scanning base thing on his own. The Intafari guards escorted us to a tall hotel building, where we got to choose wherever we wanted to hang out.

Eventually we migrated to the center of the top floor, where an intricate glass dome lit the room for us to converse.

"Well, Avieasolia is boring!" Henry exclaimed.

"We can find something to do without him," Sapphire suggested, "maybe do a bit of exploring on our own."

"You do whatever you want guys, I'm just gonna hang out in the city," I told the others.

"Sounds good. I'll go take whoever wants to actually do something interesting!" Granite mocked.

"Sorry Onyx, I'm gonna go with Granite," Sleepy declared when I looked at him.

"Okay, I'm just gonna slip away here, go to a, uh, bye see ya later!" I slipped out of the room not knowing where to go. Maybe on Intafari they have nice restaurants? Nah, maybe some sort of party? I got some things together out of my room and set out to explore the city.

Granite

"Well that was awkward." Sapphire shrugged.

"Where to Granite?" Sleepy asked.

"I say we check out the jungle, see what it has in store for us," I told them.

After gathering some things, including keys, weapons, and the usual gear like my heavy sword, we took a path down to the lower city levels and off to the City Gate. I can certainly say there were cats, humans, and other creatures alike that were very confused as to why there were protectors roaming the streets, but they soon became settled as we approached the exit.

I turned to look back at the others, noticing another cloaked figure rushing towards me, seemingly a female human.

"Granite!" the human female whispered, reaching out and placing a hand on my shoulder. "We must go to the jungle! There is something very dark there!"

The others looked about awkwardly.

"What is your name?" I asked.

"That uh, I can't tell you." She looked down, shrouding her face even more with the dark cloak.

"And how do you know my name?"

"You'll know mine in time, but we must get going."

"Okay, lead the way then, we'll see what we can do." I looked to the others and shrugged, "Another adventure!"

~ ~ ~

We followed the interesting human out of the city and across the mountain ridge. I began to wonder, why would telling us her name be bad? I studied her cloak as she walked in front of me. Using my super-bear sight I could see that it was not just any cloak, but a nanotech-cloak. My guess is as good is any, but the cloak looks like it can gather energy from almost anything it touches. This girl is carrying something that takes a ton of energy to run, and I'm sure it's not just a communicator.