Restless Moon

Granite

"Aaarrrrrrrr" is the sound I made when I got up out of the hospital bed. Henry's fur stood on end for a few seconds as he took the sound in.

"Alright let's get out of here Granite," Mountain said.

I quickly wrapped my gear back around me. Henry climbed up on my arm before I got a chance to step away from the bed.

"So you're a Siamese aren't you?" I asked Henry as we walked out the exit.

"Yes, I am. Woah - that ship looks cool Grandpa Bear!" Henry told me excitedly. Mountain made a soft laugh when he heard my new name.

"I can call you that, right?" Henry asked.

"Sure thing, " I replied, rubbing his head a bit. Avieasolia had sent us a small Noctae SSTO to take off in, a ship that resembles a flying wing.

"Alright let's get loaded up Mountain" I declared.

"Sure thing master!"

~ ~ ~

After a short time we were all loaded up in the ship and were ready to fly back to Aviea to see Avieasolia.

"Alrighty Avie, you got orders for us?"

"Hey Granite and friends, I sure do have orders for you! Remember that mission I had you on before the war started?"

"Sleepy2c conflicts, right?"

"Yep, you're still on, but I think you should bring Henry with you. Maybe you can teach him a few more things about the Soliean Protectors, plus who knows? Maybe Henry has more than the eye can see!"

"That I do Leader Avieasolia!" Henry purred.

"Where do you want me?" Mountain asked.

"You can drop Granite and Henry off at Sleepy2c's center. Granite will find the bear named Sleepy, the leader named after the moon. He and his son, Setai, are working together to end the struggle between the villages there. That moon could be a useful outpost for ships around Aviea too, so try to do well."

"You've got it Avie, but I have one question for you- completely unrelated."

"No Granite, Akjaeir has not returned yet."

"Oooohhh why's that Avieasolia?" Mountain mocked, and we heard a click as Avieasolia disconnected the line on his side.

"Nice job Mountain!"

"Who's Akjaeir Grandpa Bear?"

"She's the second leader of Solia, and she left to investigate the stars Bevelan, Veldessan Tule, and Solia Gaeskja a while back."

"Oh? Is she nice like Avieasolia is?"

"Ha! Even nicer!" I started the engines on the ship and flew up into the night sky.

"Look guys it's daytime again!" Henry purred.

"Yeah sure Henry, but I need a rest," Mountain sighed.

"Only got fifteen minutes to do that, Aviea isn't that far away," I reminded him.

"Yeah that's when I get to drop you two off and go to my vacation home!"

Our ship passed out of Ealtae's shadow the rest of the way and revealed all three of our stars.

"Wow!" Henry exclaimed, "They look even brighter up here!"

"Yeah okay Henry don't go blind on us," I remarked, turning the polarization density up on the window to try to make it easier to see.

"I've never left Ealtae before, we going to Aviea?"