A New Home

Henry

Granite made sure that he had it set that the people of Kjittafore would be protected, once again sacrificing his territory's funds for now another whole world.

"So, Captain Granite," Mountain said while the team was in the bridge. "What's the plan for us now?"

"Oh you know, dinner?" he replied, doing some sort of tweaks on some panel.

"No wonder I'm so hungry, we missed lunch!" Onyx sighed.

"No specific time for lunch when we're hopping from one world to another and hanging out in space in between," Sleepy said, "but I can agree that food would've been nice."

Granite got us back to the Mess Hall of the ship safely, where we continued the discussions over some big tasty salads.

"So about where we're going..." Sapphire started, "I think we should make some sort of base on a planet too!"

"We've done lots of work in the past months. It would be a nice break, you know, adding bits to the ship and, like Sapphire suggested, making an official base," Mountain agreed.

"They've got a point," said Onyx.

"Sounds like a nice idea," Granite said, taking a bit of kja pasta from one of the food counters. "Someone else is gonna need to pay though!"

"Yeah Granite, you're pretty much run dry on Noctia now!" I laughed.

"I wonder where we could put a base?" Sapphire pondered, looking around the table for suggestions.

"Intafari is a pretty nice world!" Mountain suggested.

"Nah," Onyx disagreed. "We should try to keep the base close to the capital, yet far enough away from it to make sure Avieasolia doesn't get involved."

"So, Reid?" Sapphire asked.

"Sleepy2c!" I exclaimed, then regretted after seeing some of the team's killer looks.

Sleepy certainly agreed, "Yeah! My people would love to have company there!"

"It's certainly a possibility to consider," Granite told the team.

After several more moments of discussion, we finally came to an end decision, that we would have a vote on the best place to put a new base for the Soliean Protectors. Sleepy brought out a piece of paper and a pen for us to cast our votes.

"Here we are," Granite started, tearing the paper into pieces and passing out the slips. "Today we will decide the location of the new Soliean Protector Ground Base of Operations. Pass the pen around everyone!"

Granite collected all six of the slips of paper and began to read through them.

"Intafari got one vote," he read, "Noctae got two, and-"

"Sleepy2c?" I jumped to listen,

"Sleepy2c got three!" Granite finished, looking to see the team's reaction.

"Welcome to the desert everyone!" Sleepy smiled. "The sunsets will amaze you!"

~ ~ ~

Granite

Despite the opposition to living life in a desert, it really didn't take much to get the team excited about what ideas they had for building a base on Sleepy2c. I decided to once again set them off on their own, leaving them the ship and me to my own thoughts and ideas.

Fortunately the team was occupied with their construction rather than exploring the ship, and I was able to visit the communications deck to keep my eyes on the Soliean Republic.