*Chapter Twelve*

Bella knows Edward is different.

  She returned from the dress store and confronted me about it while I was reading in my room. I refused to tell her anything and so she just scoffed, admitted that she already knows that he is not human. I just ignored her and kept reading.

   I walk down the stairs and into the kitchen, only to see my father gone. Worriedly, I look at the clock and realize that he should be home by now.

  I quickly pull out my phone and call him. He finally answers after a moment.

  "Hello." His voice says gruffly. Sadness coating his voice.

  "Dad, are you okay? Why are you not home?" I ask. He pauses for a moment.

  "Bella didn't tell you." He asks, his voice coming out a soft whisper.

  "Tell me what, dad? Your scaring me." I admit, my brain coming up with horrible reasons for why he is still gone. I'm silently hoping that he is okay and nothing has happened to him.

  "I'll tell you when I get home." He says, " this is something I'll have to tell you in person."

  By now I'm freaking out. So many thoughts are going through my head, and I don't know if he is okay or if the doctor called with bad news, and I can't imagine my life without my dad in it.

  "Please dad, I'm worried, are you okay?" I ask

  "Don't worry, sweetie I'm fine, the news is not about me." He admits

  As bad as it sound, I let out a sigh of relief that it wasn't him that was hurt, but then I was worried still, cause that just means that someone else is hurt.

  "I'll be home soon, I love you." He tells me

  "Okay, I love you too." I respond.

After about thirty minutes my dad finally enters the house. I rush over to give him a hug as soon as I see him. He hugs me back just as vigorously. I feel his shoulders start to shake and realize that he is crying, and I  quickly tighten my hold on him.

  "Oh my gosh, dad what happened?" I ask him worriedly.

He silently pulls me over to the couch, anticipation and dread filling every bone in my body. After a second he finally responds.

  "They found Waylon's body, there was an animal attack and he was the victim." He sobs.

My heart breaks for my dad. I didn't know Waylon very well, but he seemed like a nice guy.

  "Oh, dad." I say sorrowfully. I pull him in for a tight hug, and we both start crying together, " I am so sorry that this happened."

  It is silent for a little while, both of us crying and hugging. I eventually get up, leaving him on the couch, I grab us some food and bring it back to him. We start eating and I hand him the remote control so that he can find a movie.

  He eventually finds an action movie for us to watch. We finished our food before the movie even started, so I quickly got us a tub is ice cream to share.

  That night we drowned our sorrows in ice cream and incredible action movie stunts. By the time the night was done my dad was feeling better. It's times like these where I realize how lucky I am to have him. Soon, we pass out on the couch, cuddled up. Too bad I'm not going to have many peaceful times in the years to come.

Hello everyone✌️. It's been awhile since I updated. I'm sorry if the timeline isn't completely correct, I haven't seen twilight in a long time. I guess this chapter was just a short little father-daughter sad bonding time.
         - the author nobody knows💛🖤💛🖤