*Chapter Eighteen*

The game started quickly and it was like a flip had switched in everyone. Excitement popped into their eyes but there was also a certain calmness that seemed to sweep through them.

Very quickly I realized why they liked this, their speed was phenomenal and I could barely keep up with them with my eyes, they were just speeding blurs while running.

When they weren't running, I could barely keep my eyes off Emmett, he made running almost majestic with the way he never falters in the way he moves. Then something changed, the atmosphere felt tense.
  "Stop!" Alice screams.

A/N quick announcement but I haven't seen thing movie in a while and I forgot the lines, so imma wing it.🤷

  "I didn't see them coming until it was too late." Alice continued nervously

"What is it?" Bella asks, her voice shaking

Rosalie scowls at her, while Edward starts to inform her of some nomads.

Once I realized that there were other vampires around I immediately tried to calm my pounding heart.

Emmett throws his arm around my shoulder and pulls me close, while Daniel, Roses boyfriend steps in front of me halfway while simultaneously pulling Rose closer on his other side.

Three figures appear at the edge of the forest and glide closer. They look at us with extreme curiosity.

"Hello." The one in the middle said. He scanned us with his eyes, stopping first at Bella then me for a brief moment, the confusion on his face obvious for a quick moment before he hides it. "I'm Laurent, and these are my friends, Victoria and James."

  Carlisle then tells them our names and they offer to play baseball. The conversation ends fast as the blond man suddenly crouches to attack.

  "You've brought snacks." He hisses, his red eyes going from Bella to me. Everyone then gets into a battle pose.

  "Bitch, I ain't anyone's snack." I say. I'm immediately shocked at myself but cover it up. If I'm going to die, I'm dying with dignity.

  "We don't want to fight." Carlisle says, ever the peacemaker.

  "I say bring it on." Emmett says glaring at James with a fierce look in his eye.

  Laurent stands quickly.

"We mean no trouble." He says. He snaps his fingers, signaling for them to retreat. They reluctantly do with one last glare in our direction.

  "Come on, we got to go." Edward says to all of us, we then run to the vehicles.

  Great, what did I just do.

I'm currently at the dentist. They gave me laughing gas or sum, but I fell great. I have to get a feeling, eww. Anyway hope you like the chapter.