Assassin's Last Mission

The halls were a white blur as I sped through them. Five men ran at me, guns at the ready. I didn't stop. I pulled out my combat knife and held it in one hand, the point of the blade toward my elbow. Speeding toward the men I unleashed my throwing knives. Time slowed as I took careful aim before throwing each knife.

I jumped onto a wall, using it to launch me onto the next wall and jumping over all five men. I turned around as their bodies fell lifelessly to the ground, each in a puddle of blood. Grabbing the knives, I cleaned each one and slipped them back into their pouch.

"Nice parkour. Ya sure parkour isn't one of your powers?" The sarcastic voice came through my headset.

I rolled my eyes. "Let's just finish this. Alright, Ryan?"

"Fine. Don't like to have fun. I don't know if we can be friends anymore."

"Where is he?" I ignored his comment.

"Through the lonely door at the end of the hall."

I nodded. At the end of the long hallway was a big, steel door. I was at the door in ten seconds.

"You should knock. See if anyone's home." Ryan suggested. My knuckles turned white as my hand balled into a fist. I knocked on the door three times. No one answered.

The door easily flew off its hinges as my foot connected with it. There was a loud crash when the door hit the wall across from it. Several guards surrounded me. "Watch out for the guards."

"Thanks for the heads up, Ryan." I sighed.

"No problem." Ryan replied sarcastically.

"This is gonna be fun." I smirked. As I said this, the guards looked at me, puzzled.

With my combat knife still in my hand, I slowed time down and slashed at the the guards' legs, causing them to fall to the ground in pain. I slipped the knife into its holster, wrapped around my ankle. I couldn't let the guards live or they might kill me. The pistol in the holster around my waist was a good option. It had a silencer. I pulled the gun out and twisted the silencer in place. Aimed at the nearest guard, my finger on the trigger, I shook my head. They didn't deserve to die. I'm not the judge. I kicked their guns far away from them and holstered the pistol.

Someone behind me started to clap. "Well done." I turned around, hand on the pistol. "You are the first agent to ever find me. How did you do it?" My target, Larvill Jones. He was a mass murderer and a mob leader, feared by his enemy and his allies. He was merciless, killing just for the fun of it. I was not his judge either, but I felt that he deserved to be killed.

"Magic." I replied sarcastically.

Larvill took a step toward me. I wanted to step back, but doing so would show weakness and fear which would give him an advantage if he knew. I stood my ground, not letting fear take over. Larvill took another step forward, pulling a revolver from his belt.

"Since you are the only one who's ever been able to track me down, you're gonna have to die." Larvill aimed his gun at me. I quickly pulled my pistol from my side and aimed at him. Time slowed as I pulled the trigger. Before the bullet was able to hit its target, a round, red, white and blue shield with a star in the center came between it and Larvill. The bullet bounced off the shield and shot into the wall instead. The shield was lowered. Captain America placed his shield on his back and disarmed Larvill, tossing the revolver to Black Widow, who came out of nowhere.

"What are you doing? This is my mission! You just screwed it up!" I yelled at Captain America as he locked handcuffs around Larvill's wrists.

"We need Larvill alive." Black Widow deadpanned.

"He doesn't deserve to live. He is a murderer!"

Captain America, Black Widow and Larvill stared at me, eyes wide, mouths agape. I knew my hair and eyes had turned to a fire red color. It always did when I was angry.

Black Widow shook her head as if doing so would bring her back to reality. She grabbed Larvill's wrists and pulled him toward the door. "We've got Larvill." said Black Widow. She and Captain America had headsets on as well.

"Are you sure that's a good idea? She isn't very happy with us right now." Captain America replied to whoever he was talking to in his ear piece. He nodded once and said "Yes sir." before turning toward me.

"What do you want?" I snapped.

"You have to come with us."

"What do they want?" Ryan asked.

I turned away from Captain America. "They want me to go with them." I replied. I turned back to Captain America and put my hands on my hips. "No." was all I said.

"Just knock her out." Black Widow recommended.

"I don't think that's a good idea." Captain America debated.

I rolled my eyes. "You can't make me go with you. I'm going to kill Larvill whether you like it or not. I'm going to finish my mission and get paid." I aimed my gun at Larvill again and pulled the trigger. Captain America's shield once again got in the way of my target. The bullet bounced off the shield and flew toward me. It all happened too quickly for me to realize what had happened before it was too late. The bullet had shot into my arm, just below my shoulder. There was a hole with blood spilling from it. "Thanks. Now there's a hole and blood on my suit. This blood is never coming out."

Looking at the floor I noticed I was now standing in a small puddle of my blood. "Guess the bullet went deeper than I thought," I joked. I didn't want to panic, knowing it would make this worse.

My head started to spin. I could see my hair changing from a fire red to a much darker red. I couldn't let fear take control. If I did, panic would soon come and my body wouldn't be able to handle it. The puddle got bigger and bigger by the second. I blinked rapidly as my vision started to blur. I stumbled around, trying to find a wall to lean against, but I ended up falling forward instead, landing in my puddle of blood. Someone picked me up before I was pulled into darkness.