Made Like New

I flew around the room, practicing again. I wanted to master this whole flying thing. Landing clumsily, I slid and fell on my butt. I looked around. Nothing was ruined. This was the best I've done so far.

My eyes landed on Tony's S7 and I frowned. I stood up and brushed myself off. I went to my room, took a quick shower, and changed into clothes I could get dirty in. A black tank top, dark, ripped jeans and sturdy black boots. I pulled my hair into a messy bun, keeping it out of my face. I grabbed my pair of leather work gloves, stuffed them into my back pocket, and grabbed a bandana, putting it in my other back pocket.

"JARVIS, where does Tony keep his tools? The ones for his cars?" I asked, walking back into the fly room.

"In the cabinets behind the cars. May I ask what you are planning to do with them?" JARVIS replied.

"I'm going to fix Tony's S7."

"If you need help, I'm here to assist."

"Thank you, JARVIS."

I went to the metal cabinet behind Tony's 1967 Shelby Cobra, running my hand across the car's sleek surface as I passed it, then opened the cabinet.

"Let's see," I rubbed my chin as I looked at all the tools. "JARVIS, can you give me a run down on the S7's condition?"

"The windshield is completely shattered, the oil canister is leaking and will need to be replaced. The hood and bumper are crumpled, the headlights are destroyed. In fact, the whole front of the car needs to be replaced entirely." JARVIS informed.

"Perfect. Well then, I'll need this and this," I pulled out the tools I needed and cradled them in my arms as I walked toward the car. "Hey, where's Dum-E?" I looked around for the robot Tony introduced me to when I first went into the fly room, setting down the tools.

There was a robotic chirp that only belonged to Dum-E. I turned toward the chirp and smiled. "Think you can help me out, Dum-E?"

The robot chirped again. I pulled my gloves onto my hands. "Hey, JARVIS? Could you start my playlist, please?"

"Of course."

My playlist started, the first song to play was Carry On Wayward Son. I smiled to myself. I sang along to the loud music, knowing every word of every song on my playlist. Dum-E came over and helped me as I began taking the front of the car apart.

Sure, I could get professionals to do the job for me, but I didn't have a ton of money and this was an expensive car. Plus, I knew how to fix cars. Tony wasn't the only technological genius in the tower.

After an hour and a half, Dum-E and I were surrounded by the front of the car, pieces everywhere. JARVIS had the new parts I needed for the car delivered quickly.

I wiped my brow, my forearm coming up with dirt all over. "Now it's time to start working." I said to Dum-E, who chirped in response.

I pulled out my bandana and wiped my face with it, then stuck it back in my pocket. Black smudges were all over my face, and now the bandana.

Dum-E was a great help, handing me the tools and parts I needed, holding things in place while I attached them to the car, being a helpful little robot. Sure, I could do all that stuff with my mind, but sometimes I liked to pretend I was a normal person living a normal life. Of course, my new wings didn't help me fell normal. I kept them folded up behind me.

"What are you doing?"

I looked up from the wrench in my hands. Steve stood with his hands in his pockets, one eyebrow up. I didn't hear him walk in because of the loud music, and I didn't sense him because I was so focused on the car.