Life As A Cat With Galaxy Eyes

A/N: I am SO sorry for not updating in such a long time. I was just so out of it, I didn't want to do anything. I'm also a little nervous about this next part, and I'm not sure anyone will like it. But I've missed you guys, and I've missed Alexx and the Avengers, and Abby, and this whole story.

So, please tell me what you think, I'd appreciate the feedback. Enjoy! <3

I opened my eyes, stretched, yawned and walked around in a circle before laying down again, my head on my front paws.

Being a cat was weird. Especially since I didn't know how to turn back. Bruce wanted to run some tests to try and figure out if I could even turn back at all.

I listened to the sounds around me. The tower was quiet; no leaky faucets or anything since it was all the best quality things. I couldn't hear the traffic either, since I was so high up. The occasional sirens or horns, sure.

Steve walked into the room. "Hey, Alexx. Are you okay?"

I nodded and sat up.

"Bruce wants us in the lab for your tests."

I nodded again and walked to him. Steve picked me up and went to the lab. On the way, we didn't see anyone. The halls were empty.

Steve set me on the metal table Bruce had cleared, and Bruce started placing adhesive patches all over my body, then checked his machines and wrote some notes.

"She should be able to change back, but she has to do it herself." Bruce examined.

"How?" I meowed.

"How?" Steve asked.

Bruce shrugged. "I've never dealt with something like this." He looked at me. "I'm sure you'll figure it out."

"Well, I want you as a human as much as I'm sure you do, but you need to rest." Steve said, looking at me.

I nodded in agreement. Bruce took off the patches and I pushed my body against Steve's stomach, waiting for him to pick me up. He did, and walked to his room. We laid in bed and soon fell asleep.

***

I woke up in Steve's arms, his head on mine. Wriggling free, I yawned and stretched, then looked at myself.

Yep. Still a cat.

Jumping off the bed, I went straight to the kitchen. I was starving.

On the way to the kitchen, I avoided looked at a wall and stopped. It was very reflective, being so clean. I looked at myself curiously. I was a good looking cat. 

When I reached the kitchen, no one was there. The clock said 8:46am, which meant everyone would be getting up soon. Maybe they were up and in some other part of the tower. 

I opened the fridge with my mind. Jumping inside, I looked around and found some bacon. Grabbing it in my mouth, I jumped out, then jumped onto the counter.

Using my mind, I began to cook the bacon. With it, I added some eggs.

I heard footsteps and my ears turned toward them, then I did.

"Alexx? What are you doing?" Steve asked, rubbing his eyes. "Is that bacon?"

I nodded, then turned back to the food. When it was finished, I moved it all to a plate, then offered it to Steve.

"No, you eat those. I'll make my own." Steve smiled.

I wagged my tail, licked my lips, and started eating. Abby trotted in and Steve poured her food into her dish.