A Normal Walk

A/N: Or is it? 

Steve walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist, a smaller one in his hands as he dried his face. He disappeared into his closet and returned wearing a pair of faded jeans with the towels over his bare shoulder.

I stood in front of him and rubbed his hairy jaw. "Why haven't you grown a beard before now?"

Steve chuckled. "The army didn't allow it, and the look kind of stuck."

"Well, you should do it more. I like it."

"Maybe I will."

"I'd like that." I smiled.

I went into his closet and picked out a green plaid flannel. I tossed it to Steve, grabbed the towels from his shoulder, tossed the smaller one to the side and made him sit down so I could use the bigger towel to dry his hair. While I dried his hair, he pulled his shirt on. I tossed the towel on the floor and stood in front of Steve, folding his sleeves up past his elbows while he buttoned his shirt. I smacked his hands away when he tried to button the top two.

"Why don't you get dressed and I'll finish dressing myself." Steve said.

"You're already dressed." I replied.

"Exactly. Go get dressed."

"Fine." I rolled my eyes and smiled.

I left Steve's room and went into mine. I took a quick shower -- my hair much easier to wash -- and wrapped a towel around my body, walking into my room. Steve sat on my bed, petting Abby. I went into my closet, put on a bra, underwear, and a pair of ripped jeans, then looked for a shirt to wear. I didn't want to bother with my special suit.

Steve walked into the closet and looked around, then pulled a black button-down shirt off a hanger. I took it and put it on, leaving the top two buttons undone. I ruffled my hair with my hand and pulled on a pair of tennis shoes.

I picked Abby up and looked into her eyes. "We don't have a leash, but we don't need one if you behave. I can already sense that you hate being held back. You're like me; you love freedom. So, if you stay with us on our walk, and you don't wander off, then we will never buy a leash. Wander away once, and your new best friend will be a leash." I stared into her chocolate eyes until I knew she understood, then I nodded. "Good. Now, let's go on that walk."