Punishment

A/N: How do you like the story so far?? I'd love to know!

Comment and enjoy!

Tony folded his arms across his chest and stared at us. "You really should have deleted the security footage. That's what a 'ninja' would've done."

Ryan cringed. "I totally forgot about that."

"I also found this." Tony held up a feather that was clearly mine.

I folded my wings halfway. "What are you gonna do?"

Tony smiled. "Steve, could you come here?"

Steve walked into the room and I waved to him shyly. "Hey, Steve."

Steve didn't say a word. He walked toward me, grabbed me and threw me over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. Abby yipped, thinking it was a game.

"Steve! Let me go! What are you doing? Don't make me turn into a cat!" I yelled. Ryan began to back away. "You're not going anywhere, Ryan!"

I telekinetically pulled Ryan toward me until I could grab his wrist. I held his wrist tightly and dragged him along with us as Steve followed Tony to the lab.

Tony's Iron Man suit was laid out on a table with some cloths and cleaning supplies next to it.

Steve set me down in a chair next to the table. I let go of Ryan and he sat in the chair on the other side.

"I want this suit sparkling by the time you're done." Tony said.

"It's sparkling now." I retorted. Tony glared at me. "Fine." I sighed.

I picked up the helmet and a wet wash cloth and started to wipe away the bright pink paint. Ryan grabbed a glove and did the same.

Steve and Tony sat at another table and started a game of cards, Abby sitting in Steve's lap. Great. They were our watchdogs.

After an hour and a half and tons of elbow grease, the suit was back to its normal hot rod red and gold, sparkling more than it did before we painted it.

I put the boot back in it's place and got up from the chair, stretching with my hands above my head and standing on my tiptoes.

"Oh man, I stood too fast." I sighed, leaning against the table as black splotches played at my vision and I became lightheaded.

"Are you okay?" Ryan asked.

I nodded. Soon the blotches disappeared and the dizziness left. "I'm fine."

I walked over to Steve, Tony and Abby, still playing cards, and put my dirty hands on my hips. "We're done."

Tony looked up from his hands. "You are? Let me see." He got up and examined the suit closely. "Yep. It looks great." Tony nodded.

"Can we go now?" I asked.

"Sure. But no more painting my suits." Tony gave us a stern look.

"Yes sir." Ryan and I stood straight and gave Tony a mock salute.

I picked up Abby, held her in one arm, linked my other arm with Steve and pulled him out of his seat and Ryan followed us to the elevator. We took the elevator to the living room. Ryan and I went straight to the kitchen, digging through the cupboards, fridge and freezer. I filled Abby's food dish and refilled her water dish, then made a pb&j, grabbed a can of root beer and sat at the table in the dining room. Ryan joined me with his own pb&j and root beer, tossing a bag of barbecue chips on the table in between us.

Steve walked in and sat in the chair across from me, tossing Bucky's folder onto the table. Sam was going to arrive any minute.

I took a bite of my sandwich and stuffed a chip in my mouth, then washed it down with a gulp of root beer.

"Hey, Steve!" Sam's voice suddenly came from the doorway. "Where's Alexx?"

I turned around in my seat. "Sam!" I exclaimed. I stood up and hugged him.

"Alexx!" Sam hugged me. "I didn't even recognize you. I like the hair cut."

"Thanks." I smiled.

Sam looked behind me at my half folded wings. He hadn't seen them yet. "What's that?"

"You know how you have your Falcon wings?" I asked, and he quickly nodded. "Well," I spread my wings. "I have these."

Sam's jaw dropped. "Are you serious?" He looked at Steve in disbelief, and Steve just nodded with a proud smile.

"Oh! This too. Watch." I got ready to turn into a cat, then looked at Steve again. "Follow me to my room with my clothes when I'm done." Steve nodded.

Standing up, I shrank down into a cat, my clothes wrapped around me. Steve found me in the mound of cloth and pulled me out. He placed me on the ground, picked up my clothes and watched as I ran around Sam's feet, Sam watching in confusion. I spread my wings and flapped, flying up to Sam's face, then landed back on the ground.

"Wha -- How -- Huh?" Sam's eyes were wide.

Abby ran over and tackled me. We rolled around and nipped at each other, messing around. I got up and meowed, telling her I had to change back. She sat down and let me walk away. I looked at Steve, meowed at him, and trotted toward my room, Steve following me.

Once in my room, I quickly changed, using my wings to hide myself.

"I think you just blew Sam's mind." Steve smiled, handing me my clothes.

"I'm pretty sure I did." I laughed.

I quickly got dressed and we went back into the kitchen, sitting down at the table.

"Did you find anything?" Steve asked, getting straight to the point.

"No." Sam shook his head, defeated.

I offered Steve the sandwich I didn't get to finish. He smiled and took a bite while the sandwich was still in my hand.

"Don't worry, Steve. We'll find him." I promised. "I used to find people for a living."