Caught

A/N: Here is my newest update. Please let me know what you think. Enjoy!

My eyelids felt like they were glued shut. I felt like I wasn't even in my body anymore. Like I was floating on a cloud somewhere far from my body. I could feel my life slipping away, wanting to leave its' damaged vessel.

My body jolted and I gasped as life came back to me. Two fingers were pressed against my neck and I felt my heart beating underneath them.

My eyes fluttered and finally opened. I slowly reached up and held the person's wrist. I looked up at them, lifting my head off the ground. It was a man in tactical gear. I recognized his clothes. He was part of the STRIKE team. The man had a gun slung over his shoulder as he checked for my pulse. He pulled his wrist from my hand and spoke into his headset.

"We've got the other girl. She's alive." The man looked at me again, then added, "Barely."

I groaned and let my head fall to the ground. My left arm and left leg were straight, laying on the ground. I had my right leg bent, digging my foot into the ground with every wave of pain that hit me. My right arm laid on my stomach and I squeezed the fabric of my shirt, trying to distract myself from how much my body hurt. I was surrounded by members of the STRIKE team, completely defenseless, and I hated it.

Blood flowed from the cuts all over my body and I tasted blood in my mouth. I rolled onto my side and spit blood onto the road, a trickle of blood running down the corner of my mouth. The man moved quickly, ready to keep me from trying anything. I ignored him and spit out another mouthful of blood.

Like I could do anything.

A large cut was on my forehead, several small ones on my arms and legs through my pants and jacket, which were now torn in several places because of the road. A large gash was in my side, most likely from when I flew through the windshield. I was losing quite a bit of blood, and there was nothing I could do about it. I could barely move without possibly, and accidentally killing myself.

One man put cuffs around my wrists. I wasn't sure what he thought I was going to do. Four men put their guns away and carefully picked me up. My head started to spin and black spots began to dance around my eyes. I groaned and my body went limp as my consciousness slipped away.

***

A loud thud startled me back into consciousness. I groaned as I opened my eyes. I looked around and found that I was on the floor of a heavily armored vehicle. The loud thud, I assumed, were from the doors closing. As I looked around, I saw Sam and Natasha, sitting on a bench to my right, Steve sitting to my left. Two guards in all black tactical gear sat above me, near the front of the vehicle. Their faces were covered by the black helmets that they wore. Sam and Natasha's hands were cuffed, but Steve's were bound with some kind of heavy duty cuffs.

I inhaled deeply through clenched teeth, trying to concentrate on anything but the pain my body was dealing with.

"I thought you said she was okay, Sam." Steve said.

"She looked better when I last saw her." Sam replied.

I looked at my body. Blood was everywhere, soaking through my clothes and getting all over the cloth that was beneath me.

"I'm fine, Steve. Don't worry about it." I gasped. I tried not to show it, but I was in a lot of pain. After a few more minutes of silence, I began to go crazy. "Gaaaaghh...I feel like I'm dying..."

"Well, you were thrown from a car." Sam commented.

"I don't think I'm...gonna make it." I sat up a little bit--the movement making me go through excruciating pain--grabbed Sam's wrist, and looked at him very seriously. "Sam, tell...tell Steve that he can have...my Captain America socks."