Evening before IPL

Next morning was silent at RohiRat house. Anushka and Ritika noticed that Rohit and Virat were silently having their breakfast without talking to each other.
They didn't intervene in that situation because they knew it is not a normal fight seeing their expressions.

Ro- IPL has been preponed and the series which we were gonna play tomorrow has been postponed.
So would like to join us?

Ritika- may be not for whole ipl but for the matches in Mumbai, be it yours or Virat's. Right Nush?

Anushka- yes right, we have to help Aman too! So it's better we come for matches in Mumbai.

Rohit saw that Virat didn't say anything on that. He was feeling guilty of last night's argument. They were both at fault, may be he could have handled it better.

The door bell rang. When Rohit opened the door, it was Mahi bhai at the other side.

He hugged him immediately and said,
Ro- good morning bhai!

Mahi- morning Ro! All okay?

Rohit just nodded in No with his head still buried in his shoulder.

Mahi- will you let me inside ya yahi saari baatein karni hai?

They came inside and Mahi greeted Anushka and Ritika. They left those three alone. Rohit noticed Virat still staring at his breakfast lost in thoughts.

He went near him and shook him by his shoulders to get his attention.
Ro- Vi! Mahi bhai is here!

Virat saw and immediately hugged him. Mahi held him lovingly.

Mahi- kya baat hai kiddo?

Vi- Ro is not talking to me!
He complained like a child.

He broke the hug and asked again,
Mahi- is that the real problem?

Virat looked down and nodded in no. They all sat in the hall.

Ro- bhai he is telling that he doesn't want to participate in the IPL. Is that a right thing to do? Aap hi samjhao!

Mahi- Cheeku, kya baat hai? Tell me!

Virat just looked at him with moist eyes as if telling him to understand him. Mahi himself felt like crying when he saw that vulnerability in his eyes. He knew what Virat felt at this moment, the fear of loosing Rohit. In all this time Virat never let Rohit out of his sight even for once and now suddenly they will be not together for what, 2 months and more! How he should deal with that? Was it so easy?

Mahi- Cheeku, I understand what you are feeling! But you can't be scared because of that. You have been carrying that fear and now it is time to let go.
It's just IPL and your franchise needs you!
When you were not there for one year, you yourself know how much they suffered and how much they needed you!

Mahi held his hands softly. Virat just sat closer to him and kept his head on his shoulder.

Ro- because without Virat Kohli there is no meaning to RCB! Think about the people who love you so much Vi! They are waiting to see you in red Color jersey again! In that Chinnaswamy stadium, chanting 'Kohli, Kohli'!

Vi- but meeting all the people again is itself giving me anxiety without you and Ro!

Ro- I promise I will call you twice and thrice a day! Will never miss your call! I will be always there!
And we would meet when we play against each other and also if venues will be common!

Mahi- Ro is right Cheeku! We will be always there!

Vi- okay! I will talk with the management.

Rohit jumped in joy and Virat smiled seeing that.

Ro- good, I will bring breakfast for you now! You didn't even have it properly.
He said and went in the kitchen.

Mahi- I know you are scared to loose him but you will not Cheeku! So don't worry.

Vi- bhai you know you are very cool and calm to the world but not to me. What do u think that I don't know that you are also scared about that? And you are still blaming yourself for whatever we went through! You try so much but you can never hide from me. And I also know that you don't want to talk about it, which I respect but only for now! You have to tell me and share it with me when you are ready!

Mahi was shocked and surprised to know that. But actually who was he kidding, he was his kiddo, he knew him inside out!

Only you failed Mahi, they were always there! But u were not!

Harry- wow breakfast party aur hume invite bhi nahi kiya! Not fair!

He said entering with everyone. They decided to spend time together before leaving for ipl tomorrow.

Rishabh- Virat bhai, kya bana hai! Bahot bhuk lagi hai!

Virat- Go and check in kitchen, Rohit is there!

Harry- we have planned to watch a movie and then play some games! And then..

Bhuvi- basically just lay around here whole day! Haina harry?

Hardik grinned at that and went to cling to Virat. Virat just laughed at that childishness of his.

Ro- Vi here is your breakfast! Get up and have it!

Mahi took from him and fed Virat to ensure that he has it all properly.

Once done with breakfast kids surrounded virat with movie suggestions. Mahi followed Rohit in the kitchen.

Mahi- are you comfortable Ro? Like going to the IPL, I know you have been worried for Virat but what about you? Are you okay?

Rohit smiled at that as Mahi asked him. He felt so blessed and lucky that his bhai cared for him so much.

Ro- not gonna lie bhai but I am bit nervous. Like starting again in ICT was much easier than going into MI. As Virat and you were there, I felt secured. But now going in there, it's bit of jittery feeling.

Mahi hugged him as he heard that.

Mahi- as I said to Cheeku, I will say again. I am just a call away Ro! And even Cheeku, though I know he is going to blast your phone with calls anyway!

To which they both chuckled.

He broke the hug and said,
Ro- I know bhai!

Mahi- chale then, movie dekhe?
He asked and they sat with everyone. Rohit kept his head on Mahi's lap while the juniors didn't leave virat's side for a min.

They spend a happy and cheerful evening together before the IPL.

____________

Hi! Here is the next update!

Finally Mahi bhai and Ro convinced Virat to participate in IPL.

Drop your comments, in-line reactions and suggestions, how you like it! It's bit of a filler chapter. I will make sure next one is a bit long!

Happy Reading!