Worried!!

Mahi was laying in his bed trying to get some sleep. But he was not able to.. all he could think was how Virat kept calling him and he didn't pick any of his calls. Rohit also called him but he did the same.

Mahi (thinking) : I should have picked Cheeku's call knowing how much he can overthink about everything and specially when it is related to me. But what will I say to me when I myself don't have answers. Or Ro? What should I say to them.. but I don't know why I just feel like they should be near me.. ipl was gonna be my escape but now all I want is Cheeku and Ro with me...

He just closed his eyes waiting for darkness to consume him.

Other side Virat was tossing and turning in his bed not able to sleep. All the thoughts of Mahi not being okay was going on in his mind which kind of disturbed him a lot.

Virat (thinking) : Why did he took this decision? What was bothering bhai? Why didn't he share with me? I had asked once when we were leaving for ipl. Should I ask Sakshi bhabhi about it.. but it would worry her unnecessarily. I will definitely talk to him tomorrow once I reach Mumbai for further matches.

Next morning....

Virat opened his eyes feeling tired. He had slept for an hour or so. He got up and checked his phone first to see if there was a message or something from Mahi reasoning why he would not answer his calls.

But sadly, there was none.

He dragged himself from his bed and got freshen up which hardly helped. He went to dining room for breakfast with the team.

Ab (waving him over) : hey Virat!

Virat looked at him and saw Ab calling him for breakfast. He was hesitant to join him as they were still talking on formal terms.

He thought to take the step anyway. He just hoped bhai called him as soon as possible.

Virat (normal voice) : hey.. Good morning..

Ab took a good look at him and saw his red eyes indicating lack of sleep.

Ab ( concern) : Morning. All okay? U look tired? Didn't u get proper sleep?

Virat thought how he could read him even after being away from so long.

Virat just shrugged it off saying, 'it's nothing..'

Before Ab could ask anything.. Virat saw Aman at the entrance. He moved towards him and hugged him.. he was so happy to see Aman.

Virat : Aman, finally you are here. How are you? Did you find any difficulty to reach here.

Yuzi was giggling as Virat was so concerned about his well being treating Aman like a child.

Aman (with a tiny smile on his face) : nahi bhai, all okay..

Virat (to yuzi) : teko badi hassi aa rahi hai..

Yuzi : Vi bhai Kuldeep sahi kehta hai aap Bahot jyada cute ho when u care like this.

Virat slides his arm around Yuzi's neck pulling him closer.

Yuzi ( dragging ) : Aman come I will show you around. Bhai meet you later when we leave for Mumbai.

Virat waved them bye and joined Ab again.

Ab (hesitantly asks noticing his smile) : Who is he? If you want to tell.

Virat :  He is our brother, he works for me and Rohit.. he is the one who saved Rohit after he had the accident, took him to the hospital.

He saw how Yuzi had lifted Aman's mood.

'May be he felt alone', Virat thought as Aman had a bit of smile on his face now.

Ab : Do you know anything about why MS gave up the captaincy?

Virat checked his phone again listening to that.

No call, no message..

Virat :  No I didn't, but bhai must have thought something.

Virat's phone rang once they were done. It was Rohit.

Virat : See u later!

He moved to his room.

Vi- Ro Teri bhai se kuch baat hui hai kya? He is not picking up my call. Something is wrong!
He said as soon as he picked the call.

Ro- Vi calm down, meri baat toh nahi hui hai. But I have told Jaddu to inform if there is something wrong!

Vi- arey yaar Ro meri Jaddu se kal hi baat hui thi! He is saying bhai is behaving weird! Ughh! Don't know what's going on!

Ro- Vi calm down! Don't take too much stress.

Vi- I have to leave for Mumbai, see u soon!
He said and hanged up the call.

Ro- I just hope he doesn't take too much stress about this! Mahi bhai pick up the phone.
He mumbled trying the call again.

Next day.. RCB and CSK team reached Mumbai for their upcoming match.

Virat got down the bus and saw Jaddu already waiting for him at the reception.

He hugged Jaddu tightly.

Jaddu- tu thik hai na?
He asked sensing the intensity of the hug.

Vi- Mahi bhai ka room no?
He aake breaking the hug.

Jaddu told him and he ran to Mahi bhai's room. And as Jaddu told the room was locked. He knocked it impatiently.

Door opened and Virat finally saw Mahi. He just hugged him tightly as he could.

"What's wrong? Why did u not pick my calls? Why did u resign suddenly? Are you okay? You know you can tell me. You know I have been so worried about you this whole time. Something is bothering u na", Virat complained in the hug.

Mahi chuckled at that complain. He just hugged him back lovingly. He felt peace seeing Virat there. He was feeling calm which was so opposite to what he was feeling in recent days.

Virat broke the hug and Mahi made him sit beside him.

"Cheeku stop worrying", Mahi said softly.

"How could I stop worrying? You are not sharing with me anything.. i", Virat said but stopped seeing medicine on the table.

Virat (sternly asks) : what medicine is this?

He got up and checked the medicine picking it up.

Mahi : it's Just for headache I had yesterday.. Cheeku it's nothing stop worrying please.. now will you sit calmly for a min with me.

Virat sat beside him and again asked : Bhai what's bothering you?

Mahi sighed and looked at this stubborn kid. Virat noticed how tired Mahi looked.

Mahi : I will be honest with you.. something is bothering me and I am not able to figure out completely yet. I will share once I am able to understand. Okay?

To which Virat nodded and kept his head on his shoulder holding his hand.

Mahi : just be with me for sometime.

Virat : I am always with you bhai.

_

I know I am super late on this book but here it is.

Happy reading!