Guilt Trip

It was almost two weeks there were at the IPL.

Mahi came into his room after loosing their second match. He could not believe they had lost the match and he was so lost on the field that he could hardly concentrate.

He had made some runs but they were not enough. He was also sloppy in the field which was extremely rare.

All he could see infront of him was the team without Virat and Rohit and how it was in the initial days when they had got news of their retirement. It was all coming back to him. The guilt.

As he never paid attention to his feelings. He was busy in assuring Virat and Rohit that he will never break their trust again. But now from last 2 months he didn't know why he was feeling all that guilt again.

He thought IPL was gonna be escape to him but it was getting difficult for him without Virat and Rohit here.

'Bhai, are you okay', Jaddu barged into the room and Mahi immediately went to the bathroom to avoid his questioning.

Jaddu noticed him splashing water on his face. This was again a weird action he noticed of Mahi.

Before he could say something Mahi's phone rang.

'Mahi bhai, I am calling from yesterday. Why aren't you picking my calls?', Jaddu picked up to hear only whining voice of Virat.

'So bhai is not picking Virat's calls', Jaddu thought hearing that.

'Bhai, kya baat hai? aap thik ho na.. thode din pehle bhi u were disturbed', Virat said not hearing any response.

Jaddu listened to it and didn't say anything.

Mahi came in the room, Jaddu handed the phone to him and left the room leaving a confused Mahi behind.

'Bhai, hello, are you there?', Mahi heard Virat's worried voice.

'Cheeku', he said softly to stop his worry.

'Bhai, thank god! Aap thik toh ho? Why were you not picking my calls?', Virat complained.

'Switch to video call, NOW', he demanded.

Mahi composed himself a little so that he could sound and look normal to Virat.

'Cheeku-- calm down kiddo. I was just busy with this CSK mgmt stuff due to which I didn't pick your calls. I am sorry for worrying you', he said softly looking at his scared and worried face.

'Bhai please don't be sorry, its just-- just I get worried if you dont pick my call', Virat said the last bit in a low scared voice.

'Don't get worried, I am with you always', Mahi assured him.

Virat said in whinest possible voice, 'I miss you a lot'

'I miss you too bacha, will meet you soon', Mahi replied hearing that tone from him.

Virat narrated what all he did at RCB and Mahi listened to it patiently. He noticed that talking to Virat was calming him down big time. Otherwise if he was panicking so much with everything coming back to him.

Virat noticed that Mahi slept while talking with him. He looked at him as he slept.. he looked tired. May be due to match he was tired.. Virat thought and then hanged up the call.

.
.
.
'Rohit bhai, aapki kuch Aman se baat hui hai kya?', Jassi asked as he came into Rohit's room only to see Hardik laying his head on Rohit's lap ranting something or the other.

'Jassi, he may be busy rather than wasting his time with you', harry replied.

Jassi didn't want to do that but he hit Harry with a pillow which got Rohit surprised as well.

Rohit looked at Jassi and noticed how worried he looked so he sent Harry out of the room.

Harry left the room murmuring, 'you love Jassi more, I am gonna complain to Virat bhai'

'Come here', Rohit called him and Jassi sat beside him resting his head on his shoulder.

'Kya baat hai', Rohit asked softly.

Jassi sighed sadly and said, '1 week ho gaya Aman is not talking to me like he used to do. He calls, asks me about the day and hangs up. Share bhi nahi kar raha kuch bhi, I am worried now'

Rohit waited as he knew there was more to share.

'I called him sometime back to share how we won but he said only 'hmm' and then just told me that he is busy', Jassi complained.

'Jassi, he may be really busy na bacha', Rohit tried explaining him.

'But bhai he told that he won't be busy this week and will try to come for the match. And even if he is-- his tone says otherwise, it seems he is just avoiding me', Jassi said whining about his bestie.

'Okay dont get worked up and upset about that, I will talk to him or I will have Vi talk with him so that he doesn't hide anything'

'He will be okay na, I don't know why I am worried', Jassi said laying his head in his lap.

'Dont think so much, I will tell Vi to talk with him', Rohit said stroking his hair softly.

.
.
.

'Bhai.. Rohit is badly hurt please come fast'

'He is not opening his eyes! He is not responding to me.. help me Bhai'

'Bhaiiii.. help me.. please.. u promised me that you will never leave me alone... why are you doing this to me and Ro.. why bhaii??'

'I hate you Mahi bhai.. no no I hate you MS! You are not worthy of being called as a brother to someone.. because brothers don't leave each other in tough times like this. Only Rohit is my best friend and brother, not you.. NEVER YOU'

'Cheekuuu... noooo pleaseeee..', Mahi screamed and got up from his sleep.

Mahi looked around to find Virat but all he could see was darkness. He turned on the light. His face was fully covered in sweat even though it was an AC room. It was suffocating to say the least. He wiped his face with shaky hands. He got up and opened the balcony door with difficulty for fresh air. He breathed in and out for sometime till he felt okay.

'How horrible that dream was, Cheeku saying me that I am not his brother. I never in my life want to hear that from him. This guilt.. this is just too much. But I deserve it! I deserve every bit of suffering.'

_

Hi, here is the next chapter!

Do tell me dropping ur comments, inline reactions and suggestions.

Happy Reading!