Back to Normal, may be?

'Why did you do this bhai? Why did you leave us like this? Didn't you love us?', Virat said with hurt in his eyes.

Mahi looked not understanding what was going on.

Rohit asked, 'You left me when I was dying bhai! You left me, you hurt me a lot bhai. No one could ever hurt me that much as you did.'

Mahi was sweating thinking that they had reconciled, what was going on?

He turned to Virat who was crying.

'Cheeku', he called.

'You promised me, you will be always there for me. But you were not, you broke your promise and you broke me', Virat said with broken tone.

'No Cheeku I--'

'You lost the right to call him Cheeku bhai, you lost it', Rohit said turning his face away from him.

'We hate you bhai, we hate you', they said together.

Mahi said with tears flowing from his eyes, 'No please dont say that! please I am sorry-- Cheeku, Ro-- don't leave me please', he desperately pleaded, 'Cheeku, Ro-- please'

Mahi woke up gasping for air. He was suffocating due to his own dream-- nightmare to be precise.

He grabbed a glass of water and gulped in a go. He checked his phone and noticed Virat calling him. He did not pick it up because Virat will immediately realise something is wrong due to his voice and heavy breathing.

He could not risk that. As Virat will come running to Chennai. He could not trouble him like that.

He freshened up and went to meet the team to distract himself from these thoughts.
.
.
.
On the other side, Virat was tensed about Mahi not picking his call. He was going to call sakshi to enquire but he decided to wait for sometime.

Virat went to the dining room after getting clear instructions-- more of threats from Rohit about not missing any meal.

He saw Yuzi there who waved at him excitingly and he joined him.

(A/N: I included yuzi in RCB because it is a fiction and as author I can do anything haha.. it's just I love Yuzi being in RCB, so enjoy it in the book!)

'Bhaiya mai kabse wait kar raha tha', he said pouting as he was hungry.

Virat replied, 'Ha toh aa gaya na abhi, let's eat'

'Bhaiya, can I say something?', Dev asked.

'Ha kiddo say na, why are you taking permission?'

Dev looked at Yuzi who blinked his eyes in assurance.

'bhaiya wo-- I know ki Ab sir se naraz ho!', he began nervously.

Virat's expression change immediately seeing that Dev could not say anything further. Virat began to leave.

'Please bhai ek baar baat sun lo', Dev held his hand and requested him.

Virat sat hearing his pleading voice.

'Bhai-- he used to call me and Yuzi bhai everyday to ask about you when you were in Mussorie. he even searched for you! He gave up after your retirement news. And when you came back-- he had an surgery which was very critical-- for his eye. So he could not contact you! Now, he came back in RCB just for you. You know due to that surgery he can't play competitive cricket anymore. So-- please bhaiya talk to him.. he is genuinely sorry', Dev said on behalf of Ab who was in his room since the argument with Virat.

'Surgery-- I didn't know any of this. was he okay?', Virat thought.

'Where is he?', Virat asked in a low voice.