Whats wrong?

Earlier in Mahi's room,

Jaddu entered and saw Mahi seated on sofa nervously fidgeting his fingers. He hardly saw him like this. He had seen him scared and weak when it came to Virat and Rohit but why now?

Jaddu- bhai, kya baat hai?
Aap thik ho na?

Mahi took a deep breath, had a glass of water.

Mahi- Jaddu, I have made a decision. And I want your support in that.

Jaddu- yes bhai, I will always support you no matter what! Just tell me, you are scaring me.
He said worriedly.

Mahi- I am.. am resigning from the captaincy of CSK. And I want you to take it ahead from me!

Mahi saw Jaddu looking at him in shock. He shook him by his shoulders.

Jaddu- bhai, kya aap bhi prank kar rahe ho subhe subhe! Kuch bhi matlab.. mai aur captaincy! Huh!
Kya bhai..

Mahi- Jaddu it's not a prank! I have taken this decision and I am gonna inform the management..

He saw a serious look on Mahi's face.
Jaddu- par bhai... aise kaise! We need YOU!
Why? What is the reason?
Did someone said something for you to take this decision?! Ha bhai? Batao na..
he asked impatiently.

Mahi- Jaddu, No one has forced me. I just feel it's the right time for someone capable to take it forward.
And I really want it to be you.. so please support me in this!

Hearing 'please' from Mahi, Jaddu could not control himself. He just hugged Mahi tightly and said..
"okay bhai"

Mahi sighed and hugged him back.

Mahi went to inform to the management while Jaddu sat there processing what was gonna happen now. He has to talk to Vi!

In Virat's room,

Virat was just staring at the news. He didn't know what to think about it.

'Why suddenly? Why bhai resigned? What was the reason? Jaddu.. yes, he was very capable! But bhai could lead the team for a year more, he said that he will! What's wrong?'

Vi- Jaddu?

Jaddu- Veer, I was about to call you!

'veer', Jaddu had called him that. Means something was wrong! Something was serious!

Vi- kya baat hai? How come bhai is suddenly resigning in the middle of the season? Did something happen?
Is bhai okay Jad?

Jaddu- I don't know Vi, I don't know. He just said that it was right time to resign!
And I think he is not okay Veer.

Vi- what do you mean Jaddu?

Jaddu- Bhai is behaving very differently. He is always looking exhausted vi! Imagine.. bhai being exhausted. And you know he looks his room now, since the time we have come here!
I don't know what's wrong Vi!
He is not sharing anything, just saying that he is fine!

Vi- He is not picking my calls too. He hardly calls me now.. I will talk to Ro and then I will see what I can do!
Let me try once again to talk to bhai.

Jaddu- do tell me if u need anything.

Vi- ya I will, congratulations on the captaincy Jaddu, u deserve it!
He said sincerely.

Jaddu- thanks Veer! But it doesn't feel right you know after bhai!

Vi- I know I can relate! But u will do an amazing job! I trust you.

Jaddu- I really needed it veer! Thanks!

Vi- 'Thanks'.. two times! Wow, Jaddu, manners aa Gaye hai teko!
He teases to lighten up the conversation.

Jaddu- haha very funny! Bye! Take care.

Vi- bye!

Virat tried calling Mahi again but he was not picking the calls. It was the 10th call from the morning, now it was almost evening!

'Pick up the call bhai', Virat mumbled desperately pacing in the room.

Here on the other side Mahi was frustrated.. yes the cool and calm Mahi was frustrated.. because of no control over his emotions. Constant nightmares, anxiety.. that had him tired.

On top of that everyone was calling him to give his reasons why he was giving up captaincy and he could not explain his reasons. That was the reason he avoided each and every call since the decision was announced.

Vi- Ro bhai is not picking my call! Something is wrong with him.
He said worriedly as soon as Rohit picked his call.

Ro- calm down Vi! He may be busy in meeting about all this na..
he tried to assure him though he was worried himself.

Vi- Ro I am trying since morning, it's almost 5 hours now! Konsi meeting chalti hai itna time! He is avoiding.. I know Ro!

Ro- first, stop pacing! Sit down, relax, And have some water NOW!
He said as he heard heavy breathing on the other side and he could not have Virat panicking.

Virat obeyed him and did what he said.

Vi- Ro, I am worried! Something is not right with bhai and he is hiding from us!
I am observing since long time, but was not sure.. now I am!

Ro- Vi, I know you are right! CSK Next match is in Mumbai and yours too! So let's wait for one day and then we can ask him in person okay?
For now let's give him sometime.

Vi- hmm okay!

Ro- Vi don't worry yourself. Otherwise u will fall sick! We will talk to him, I promise!

Vi- ya! Btw I talked to Aman in the morning. Jassi was right, something is bothering him.
I called him to the camp! He will be with me at that time, I can ask him.

Ro- ohh okay good! Phone pe toh waise batane se raha!

Vi- ha wohi! Jassi ko bol dena not to worry!

Ro- ya I will, chal bye have to go! Take care okay!

Vi- ya, u too!
He said and hanged up the call.

Virat lay down on the bed thinking about Jaddu's words and Mahi's behaviour. He was so worried about what was wrong. He tried his call again but Mahi didn't pick up.

He just buried his head in the pillow and slept!

.
.
.

Hi, here is the next chapter!

Do tell me how u like it by dropping ur comments and suggestions about the update.

Happy reading!