Prologue

"Tewksbury, when did I give you the impression that I like flowers?" Enola had to ask as she and the young lord exited Edith's tea store.

"They're called Spreading Bellflowers, wild of course," Tewksbury answered, not answering Enola question directly. "Attracted to ancient woodland, wiry, deceptive, refuse to behave according to any rules... but their petals are so delicate, and their flowers-"

"Two things," Enola had to interrupt. Tewksbury rambling on and on about flowers could be very annoying. "Your metaphor is tortured, and I don't have delicate petals," she told him with a knowing look. The young lord chuckled softly.

"Oh, and and and..." Tewksbury gently pulled his arm out of Enola's grasp before showing her a letter he pulled from his coat. "It is an invitation to a ball, being given by-"

"Uh, Tewksbury, I'm not going to a ball with you," Enola stopped him once more. "I got arrested at the last one. 

"Well... all the more reason to dance again, wouldn't you say?" Tewksbury said. 

"You're a nincompoop," Enola told him.

"And you are a coward." he counters. 

"How dare you speak to a lady like that! You are a disgrace, sir." she scolds. 

"And yet you still hold my arm," Tewksbury observes as he and Enola walk down the path in front of them. Enola smiles to herself, answering.

"And yet I still hold your arm."