ELEVEN

"What do you mean, she helped kidnap my uncle? She's on the good side!" Tewksbury asked Sherlock. 

Everyone was in the large living room where Sherlock lay on a long couch with his head and feet propped with what had to be over a hundred pillows. Eudoria and Enola tended to his wounds while Thomas and Tewksbury sat in chairs a bit farther away. 

"Thank you," Sherlock told his sister as she took his cup of tea he finished. The detective turned to the young lord. 

"All I know is this. We found Sarah in Edith's tea shop, sitting at a table as if she was a regular customer sipping warm tea and chewing on a tasty cake. But something seemed off about her since the last time we saw her. I personally didn't desire to approach the young woman but John had no intention she seemed off. So he approached her to introduce himself and eventually introduced me when I was on the other side of the room reading Edith's books. That's when I noticed her expression change in the slightest way no one could see..."

                                ***

"Sherlock Holmes?" Sarah asked as she approached the detective. He set down his book on the shelf table.

"Yes?"

"Do you remember me? Your sister had my case. Sarah Chapman is my name?"

"Oh Sarah, yes! I remember you. The troublemaker," Sherlock said the last part with a wink but a flash of light flickered in the young woman's eyes. She quickly replaced her slight frown with a mocking smile.

"That's me. Well... I've been wanting to get a detective to find my sister, Bessie. She's missing."

Sherlock's expression turned confused. 

"Of course, we'll gladly help Miss Chapman, won't we Sherlock?" John piped in, coming up to them. Sarah's smile gleamed with fake hope. But Sherlock couldn't refuse, even if he suspected something was wrong. And even if he already had the case of finding Tewksbury's uncle. 

"Of course. Do you have any leads?"

Sarah nodded. "One. Follow me." And with that, the young woman left the tea shop and walked down the street to a strange old building. It turned out to be the old police department. 

"Well done, Sarah!" a familiar voice echoed around the dark building. A shadow emerged from the darkness. "You followed my orders exactly."

A pang in Sherlock's chest throbbed. He couldn't figure out why his heart hurt so much. Nothing hit him in the chest... right?

"Mira Troy," Sherlock muttered under his breath, shaking his thoughts. Indeed the evil woman stepped out of the shadows, a wicked smile on her face.

"Yes. Why aren't you surprised to see me? Didn't I say we would take the dance floor again?"

John muttered something under his breath that sounded like 'this woman is insane'. 

"Where is Sir Whimlbrel Tewksbury?" Sherlock demanded. 

"Oh, he is here. And don't worry... you're about to join him."

***

"And after that, I saw Sir Whimbrel right there, in front of me! His hands were behind his back and he seemed a little dazed, but then he vanished in a blink of an eye before I could do anything to set him free. I, fortunately, escaped after a few good hits that got me but... John wasn't so successful. I have no idea if any of them are alive."