Her

(Ava)

I'm falling. Yet I won't reach the bottom. Am I dreaming ?

Sudden pull wakes me up and I found myself standing in the middle of a meadow. I rest my eyes for a moment. Inhale, mmm, I smell... lilacs. How can I smell lilacs in the middle of a meadow? Whatever place this is, I want to stay here for a bit longer.

"Ava, " I hear my name being called. I could recognize that voice anywhere. The one that caresses my soul with each word.

"Bea?" I asked quietly unsure of my question. I left my eyes closed not ready to open them, cause when I will, I know I won't find her there. She'll be gone. No one to hold me, no one to touch me. No one to save me.

"Ava!" I heard my name again. The voice so gentle , it makes my heart sing.

With tenderness she took my hand, held it in between her palms and said: "It's really me, Ava. I'm here. I'm here for you." I could feel her heartbeat inches away. Hoping it to be true, I open my eyes hesitantly. And there she was, beautiful like an angel, saving me from this darkness. She took a step closer and gently pressed a kiss on my forehead.

With our foreheads touching, we stood there like that for a while before saying anything. I did not want it to end nor did she. I absorbed every detail I could just to not let go. Finally I looked at her and she gave me the most genuine smile just to assure me it's her.

"Is this real?" I prompted. But she didn't reply. She just kept smiling at me like she knew this is all we have.

"It's real to me," she replied.

And it was until it wasn't.

PS: I hope you enjoyed the second chapter of this story. English is not my first language and therefore I apologize in forward for the potential  grammatical mistakes.  💀😌 It's a first story that I have ever tried written and I hope you'll feel what wanted to be captured in it.