Chapter 15: May

Beau sat on the floor at the foot of Chy's bed. Since the attack she had been having nightmares. He couldn't stand to see her in pain so he opted to spend the night on the floor, nearby... in case she needed his help. Tonight he couldn't sleep so instead he sat and read, waiting to be needed. He had finally gotten to the part of the Diary that covered the incident of the fairy and the aftermath. He was amazed that there was no hatred aimed at him.

Dear Diary,
She is the only member of her family known to the community from birth. Her grandparents introduced her unknowingly at first, I don't think they ever fully knew. It happened when she was just a few days old, they had owed a debt and allowed someone in the community to use her in exchange for the money they owed. She won't say what for but I suspect someone pulled out part of her muse... that has been known to drive a muse insane.

Dear Diary,
She believes Mercy is for those with the money to purchase it. She laughed at how I'm being blamed for this, said that if I want mercy I need to give her every penny my family has. I won't betray them like that. I told her where to stick it. She didn't like that, she was demanding the money, screaming as if the money was hers and I had stolen it from her. I refuse to be blackmailed or bullied! She was screaming so loud on the phone I'm surprised her family didn't ask questions.

Beau frowned he leaned his head back and took a breath. The feelings of guilt washing over him. He took another breath and looked back at the diary.

Dear Diary,
I learned something horrible about her. She feels that her luck will bring her victory as it did over her Uncle. He attacked her when she was just eight and a half, he was aware of her bullying his son. I believe that was when she learned that more of her family had muse in it like her. She stole muse energy from every family member she identified had it... somehow, in order to overpower her uncle. She then wiped the uncle's memory. Her cousin... the uncle's son, caught her and confronted her. He was the first person of a long list that she has killed, he was only ten. She was nine years old when she killed for the first time.
On the day of his sons funeral... her own cousin that she killed, she met with some members of the community and sold the right to remove and absorb the Uncles muse. She sold her own family to the highest bidder! One by one she sells them in such a subtle way they don't even know. She only ignores those she believes have no muse in them at all. I wonder if what she won't say is this, very thing. That they sold her muse, or at least part of it to pay a debt. It's as Grandpa says "Evil comes full circle before it destroys" That is how she got a foothold in the community, the theft, lies and murder prove it. She is evil!

Beau sat the diary down and leaned his head back trying to breathe and clear his head. After a few breaths Chy began fussing in her sleep. He jumped to her side and started soothing her "it's okay, it's just a nightmare Chy." She curled up in his arms and fell back asleep. Beau held her for a while, rocking her then tucked her in and went back to the floor at the foot of the bed and the Diary.

Dear Diary
She is acting like she doesn't have to worry about me, I think she has chosen how I will die and when. So to anyone reading this.. She put a tracer on her name, she can listen in on any conversation as soon as her name is mentioned. Don't speak the names of anyone you suspect, that is how you get the win. Do you understand... don't say her name, don't give her access to watch you. Your thoughts are yours keep it there and only there!

Beau pulled out his phone, started a text group with the Icons, Ra, Celia, Eri, Erill, Calypso, Stephen, Pylan, Fenella and Alan, "I've learned something valuable... there is a tracer on the name of the attacker. Don't say any name of anyone that you suspect. She can see and eavesdrop on any conversation as soon as someone has said her name."