Chapter 21: September Sight

It was eleven o'clock in the morning, Beau had convinced Eri to teach the daycare kids a few things about cooking so he could work on something in the apartment, he just didn't tell him that it was in regards to the addition "Come in," Beau held the door for the contractor, this one was hired by him not Erill as a surprise. "Okay, I have the corner apartment and the apartments on either side are empty so I purchased them. With the space I already purchased a while ago that gives me one whole side of this building on this floor." He took a breath "unfortunately my office has to move, it is needed in order to be able to access the rest of the space so... today we are working on connecting the space so my sweethearts can then remodel it. Then doing my office..."

"I understand, so are we moving your office space to the other corner of this floor."

"Correct and I want to form a conference room, just off the office. To be used for private meetings in the community. I would like to set it up as a lounge, complete with a bar and a professional kitchen. Is that possible?"

"I'm a wizard contractor... it will be done in two hours." He smirked

"Two," Beau was impressed until the man winced.

"Union rules, I need my half hour lunch break. If you have no objections I'll get to work then?"

"Y-yeah..." Beau stammered "go ahead. Did you bring your lunch, because Eri made dinner last night and there are leftovers."

"Nah, I'm good. Last time I accepted lunch from a client my husband made me sleep on the couch for a week."

"I'll be in here out of your way then." Beau retreated to his bedroom where he showered and cleaned up, then sat down at the dining room table to work on his laptop. Sure enough at the two hour mark the contractor emerged from the newly connected space. "We all done?" Beau leaned back

"Yep, while you showered I did that side so I could finish on this side with the office. Tell me how it looks."

Beau headed towards the office and was surprised. It looked very similar to his old one, only change was the room was longer with a lot more room for books and filing cabinets. Heading into the newly built conference room he was floored "I love it!" It was casual, soft colored wood accents on a palette of warm tones. The kitchen sat along the wall on the far left with the bar integrated in it sitting in between the kitchen and the rest of the space. Across from him the wall was lined with windows all the way to the corner of the building then along the wall on the right. Soft couches and chairs were in that corner. There was no defined conference table and Beau liked that. To his right by the door was a low shelf and a screen, the projector was above the windows on the across from it. "I like that, sitting on the couch and show whatever presentation, casual... very nice." He turned and looked at the man "thank you, it's perfect." He shook his hand then showed him to the door.

Before Beau could shut the door Fenella and Eri got home, "hi, I've updated some things, got it ready for the remodel." Fenella nodded and headed for the kitchen.

Eri came in being dragged by Noa, Von was on his shoulder in kitten form and Elsu was right behind him laughing. "I love being a chef, I don't want to be a daycare worker... please."

"Okay girls go clean up" Beau laughed as they hurried down the hallway "Elsu, you have to tell me the funny part, but first there is a package in your room for you and Chy. I ordered some things I knew you would need and found a few things Chy needed in the process."

"Thanks, we'll talk later" he nodded and headed to his room.

Eri rubbed his aching neck "before I forget to ask...can I hold the Gender-Morph support group here at the apartment."