Chapter 18: July

Beau sat tapping his fingers on the table, every muscle in his body was tense and the scowl on his face only hid a developing migraine. "Who sent you" he stared at the letter in front of him. It was 3am Al had woken Beau up to warn him of a new letter. It was from either A or the enemy. Slowly he reached for the letter and opened the envelope...

Beau,
.....

The tension in his shoulders dropped away and he took a deep relaxing breath. "It's from A..." he took a few more breaths allowing his heart rate to settle. "I need to have her put an identifier on her envelopes but first let's see what she has to say."

Beau,

I am happy to hold onto that for you and give you the ability to feel me... well us. I love the story of the keychain. That is a very unique hotel that it came from, it's well known within the community. I thought it closed about a dozen years ago, did you go there often?

The sword set is amazing, I can't believe you found it. Thank you, they will be put to great use. The pendant is beautiful, your great grandmother sounds... a lot like you. I will admit, your letter was annoying until I really thought about it and realized that I would have written the same thing if the roles were reversed... like months ago. Kudos for your patience.

You are definitely not wrong, we are a bit shocked by that too. Apparently we need to be paying more attention to your letters... like you do to ours.

Your feelings are valid, please stop pushing them down for our sake. You aren't going to loose us that easily. Feel free to complain as often as you want. As to your need to just hold us, well we feel that way to. How about this... we set a date to meet right now, so that you have a deadline to look to. Would that make it easier?

We really do love the gifts you continually send, let the girls know we need new artwork and pictures.

Thank Chy for us,
~A

      Beau leaned back in the chair and closed his eyes. "That's a relief, I thought for sure at least one of them would be offended by my letter and get angry " he sighed. "It's nice to see I'm being taken seriously and that A is that flexible..." he took a few breaths as the hollow feeling inside seemed to fade. "Back to bed..." He stretched, his eyes drooping from exhaustion. Beau stood up and tucked the letter into his pajamas pocket. A knock at the door caused him to jump, Beau looked at the ceiling wondering what he was to deal with now. "Please don't be a letter," a Beau crossed his fingers and reluctantly headed for the door. "When it rains it pours..." Beau swung open the door sleepily then grinned "Eri, hi..."

     "Sorry, I just got off work, I was thinking about you the entire shift... I have a gift for you."

     Beau held open the door, "come on in... just got a letter from A. Scared me to death I thought it was another threatening letter from the psycho."

     Eri laughed "That's an insult to the movie to call her that." Beau laughed bringing a smile to Eri's face. "Since you dropped off that dagger set for me, I thought I'd return the favor." This is solely for protection." He pulled a pure white handkerchief out of his pocket and unwrapped it "This is an enchanted Dagger, it holds a form of innocence until it's needed. Nobody will see it and nobody can take it away from you."