Epilogue

Beau sat across from a familiar face updating them. "Sure looking back to that night, midnight on Halloween when I had crashed that party. I hadn't noticed the person in the back trying desperately to not be seen by me." That night Beau had stepped into a world that was only hers... suddenly she had to share it... "yet again she wasn't about to share. She believed I needed to learn my place, what was hers was hers and what was mine was only mine if she didn't want it."

"I'm sorry, it has to be hard to think she was the one trying to kill you."

"We suspected something was off for quite some time but none of us guessed this." He sat up in the chair "in reality we can't confirm what was from her and what was from her stalker that saw me as the worst enemy. Someone trying to steal her happiness when in reality it had been stolen a long time ago."

    "I can't even imagine what was going through your head as everything fell into place, as you finally realized all the players."

     "I'm still trying to understand, I may never understand it completely. Life is like that, confusing chaos swirled around a few moments of pure joy."

    "You are so poetic,"

    "Taya has been saying the same thing lately." Beau smiled "I still want to know how he knew her, where he saw her... how..."

     "She wasn't even known in the community... not by name anyway."

     "Exactly, he saw her somewhere, sure he talked a lot... monologued and crap but he didn't really make sense." Beau sighed "Taya on the other hand was only acting out of protection... defensively is a guess how to put it."

     "I can see how you would say that, so what was she trying so hard to protect?"

"Her sanity." Beau frowned "she was hurt very badly, by our grandparents." He handed him some pictures "They had grown up in the community even though they had no muse in them. She did, they wanted to show up someone and needed the muse to do it...so they took hers... and did a lot of damage in the process." Beau nodded a little sad "that's why your here, we need to make sure that their image is passed around, just in case she isn't the only one they hurt."

    "We are happy to help." The man stood "thank you for this, and for the pictures of your grandparents. If there is anyone else out there that has been hurt by them they will know who to contact for help. We will include the information with the article." He smiled "I have a few more places to go, I want this to be a multi sided piece... not just from your point of view. I am very glad to hear your sister is doing so well."

     Beau nodded in gratitude and escorted him out. Beau collected his keys, the kids were out on a day trip with Erill and Fenella so he didn't need to worry about that. He headed to the store and to the various other places Taya needed him to stop at then headed to her place. Beau slowly entered Taya's house, bags of groceries in his arms and clothing draped over his shoulder. He quietly made his way to the kitchen and sat the bags down then hung the clothes in the hall closet. That's when he noticed the door to the downstairs bedroom was open. He peaked around the corner to see his sister and her high school crush in an embrace, the look on her face said it all, she was happy.

The End

The End