Plotting Pt. 2

“M-My– apologies– aro– i-i didn’t mean-”

An embarrassed blush set in on Emmeline’s face as she stumbled over her words for the first time in all her years of life she had only been this nervous once and that was back when her father had reprimanded her for stealing strawberries from her mother trying to make jam. A smiling Aro simply enjoyed the image of the flustered woman before him as he waited patiently for her mentally calm down as her heart had stayed at its abnormal state of calm consciously he knew he could have done something but his greed and selfishness consumed him to just enjoy the show before him though eventually he did speak out and calm her slightly.

“It is fine amore mio but if you wish to make it up to me. Posso avere il piacere di un ballo?” (Can I have the pleasure of a dance?)

Emmeline felt lucky for not having removed her coat. She had definitely raised her sister well, maybe a little too well though. She had taken advantage of the dance traditions as well as her willingness to keep her happy. Emmeline glanced around and saw that Caius had already taken advantage of the situation at large, probably like they had planned and were dancing. They really were made for one another. Emmeline looked back to Aro who was still standing there patiently waiting for her to agree which she quickly realized she would have to regardless due to maintaining both of their images. She would simply need to make the most of it; she wouldn't activate her ability even though it would help her keep him out of her mind; she would not go into his.

“I only have one request– do not touch my skin.”

She linked her arm with his before they positioned themselves to start dancing unlucky enough it seems the music was against her as the song changed to something slower. She will be having words with whoever helped her sibling in plotting this. Aro placed his hand on the small of her waist and his other hand that would typically be placed in hers was on her shoulder in respect of her wishes and to enjoy his time with her in his arms for as long as possible.

He had heard what his brother in law had done with her. Her heart rate had slightly increased as well as her breathing. It was clear as day for him to hear as she sped past his quarters that night. Typically he would not be so upset as they must share the woman whether they liked it or not, but he was an envious man and would be more than happy to get back at Marcus for his previous actions. She let him guide her as one should but she was so used to leading Desdemona around that it was proving slightly more difficult than she had anticipated.

“Try to relax mio amour enjoy it.”

She scoffed at him not wishing to offend him exactly but did want him to understand that what he asked of her is a one  sided request she was not one to relax in such circumstances. Though she would be more than willing to try it would benefit the situation for both of them. Taking a breath she had managed to catch wind of a conversation on the topic of the two kings dancing with the two queens' coughing, a slight smile to appear on her features.

On the brighter side of things she was enjoying herself now that she was able to find a way to release her stress from the situation at hand. Aro could feel Marcus’ eyes from their seats. He felt a little bad for his actions but in the end did not care all that much he spun Emmeline and it was soon closing the point in the song to switch partners once more. Caius was now with Emmeline and Desdemona was with Aro though the girl did not care much for him being in her mind there was a big gap between time in there so they simply danced how it was meant to be hand in hand. He had a few questions from the girl that he would need to answer.

“It is going well though I feel for Marcus.”

He saw how her face had contorted to one of confusion but he quickly understood why with both a thought in her mind and their next turn which showed him where Emmeline was. Marcus had poached Emmeline once more. All forms of sympathy left him at that moment. It looked like they would be competing from now on. Desdemona had a thought that Aro was quick to notice that it would help slightly.She is going to slap one of them if they start competing. Aro don’t you dare try to do anything with that thought or so help me you better hope there is a god so you can beg for mercy.

Her face had not changed from its overly cheerful expression until they were all back to their previous partners. Emmeline had caught on to them and was certainly not going to let them get away with it. As soon as she was back with Aro she activated her ability and took the ability that would let her join minds with Elijah ordering him to end the charade or face the price for his betrayal. Complying the music ceased and they sat for dinner having small conversation here and there. Some rumors were spread that night and Emmeline kept busy sending Anthony to inform Desdemona of a meeting they would be having later and ordering Elijah to send a message to his previous masters that she wished to speak with them tomorrow on the actions committed against her in her own home.

Desdemona had asked Anthony to send a letter to Aro and the others as she was surely not going to be allowed to leave her quarters, a quick warning of what may happen during an encounter with her enraged sister. She was fair and would give a chance to explain, but she hated to be lied to know when to speak and not to play hero for each other. An immortal's neck is their greatest weakness; she will cut you down without mercy.