014 ➶ Such Sweet Sorrow

A/N: Thanks for waiting!! Billy & Evie have a quiet morning after the party. Start to face the reality of what they have. Friends reconnect. Enjoy the chapter!! TW: Brock's aggressive drunk behavior. Flashes of past trauma and Pica mentions. Some heavy petting. **Let me know if you're enjoying, thanks!

** ** ** 

   Evie finally had him.

For the first time, she was the one gone from the bed as Billy opened his eyes.

One hand felt for her and touched the wall. Dead air where the warmth used to be. Frowned because he wasn't able to bury his nose in endless brown curls to inhale sweet amber.

Billy surged up and heard the shower running. Evie singing unabashedly over it like no one was in the house. Something he couldn't place on the rock and blues end. Bigger than he was used to hearing from her. Sultry even. Lungs vibrating to handle the smooth sound that was ever-growing.

"Ah oh, smokestack lightnin..." She echoed out against the rush of water. "Oh..."

Billy pictured her hips swaying about as she washed her hair. Suds and curls slick over her shoulders. Smoke fogging. Huge notes he didn't know she could handle.

"Whoa-oh, tell me, baby..."

Fuck, he was hard.

"Where did ya stay last night?"

A heave followed before he got out of bed. Aching.

"Why don't ya hear me cryin'?"

Trying not to picture her body slick against his under the pounding of hot water. Droplets falling over her lips and eyelashes. The notes she reverberated that sounded like moans. Fingers digging into warm flesh.

Billy had to stop it for his own sanity. Three pounds on the door had her skidding against a bath mat.

Record scratch.

"What!" Evie blushed deep maroon because the show was not for him.

"Play me some Def Leppard, Angel!" Billy echoed back. "Also, I gotta take a leak." It was satisfying to hear the loud huff follow.

"My mom's bathroom is free in her bedroom."

"Yeah, I try to avoid parent's personal rooms when I'm at a girl's house. If you can believe it."

"I don't. But, I won't dare ask why. I'm just finishing up...and I'm not your personal jukebox!" Evie tilted her head back under the spray.

"We'll see about that, let me in there to press some buttons. I'm a pro." Billy got lower and playfully jiggled the handle as the water shut off. Both of them acting their usual combative selves with each other.

"Keep dreaming, William." Sarcasm made him feel right at home.

"Believe me, I will, Evangeline." Billy stepped out when the door opened. Steam followed Evie scrunching her curls into a towel. Covered in a deep purple bathrobe that drowned her dewy body. Clean and still blushing, tying it tighter at the sight of him there looking positively messy and stunning.

Ocean eyes sparked without shame.

"Look at you all glowing and wet. Are you...double knotting that because I'm here?" He teased, getting close so one finger could creep under the tie. A tug had Evie's body flush into his. Heat radiating. Damp ringlets dripping down.

"Yes." The reply was instant. "I'm Billy-proofed now."

"You couldn't Billy-proof yourself if you tried." Towering, her slunk in toward Evie's unamused expression. Earned himself a wet hair towel tossed over his head. Cackles erupted.