019 ➶ One Caress

A/N: Hey everyone!! Enjoy the chapter. Billy nurses a hungover Evie back to life as they reach a common ground with their relationship. Evie returns to school as the new Keg King. Chp title is after that Depeche Mode song. TW: Light light mention of a past r*pe/abuse & Pica. Smut!! **Let me know if you're out there enjoying xx

** ** ** 

   Death. Hot, swampy death. Somehow mixed with frigid chills.

Evie cracked her eyes to light and moaned. Loud enough to wake the body spread on his back next to her. Billy spied her. Curls spiraling endless directions. Knotted all over.

Face pressed into the pillows, Evie held her thudding brain. Figured it might be unspooling around a cracked skull. There was movement as Billy reached over her to pull the curtains further closed and block the early morning sun.

"You seriously woke up at seven with that bad a hangover. Figured you'd sleep in longer. Must be a pride thing." Billy hummed and draped his arm over her. Casual as can be to tuck back in. He made this rumbling sound into her shoulder blade and sighed out.

Evie realized finally she wasn't alone and scrambled up, almost tumbling over the bottom edge of the bed if Billy hadn't snatched her wrist.

"Easy!" Came the sharp hiss. "Take a moment to remember last night if you can." Brown eyes squinted to blink at him. Blurring the gold honey of him together. Billy made a face. "Jesus, you're looking at me like I'm taking a dump here, Evangeline."

"Oh, jeez," Evie fisted her curls so he let go. Her eyes began to dart, finding the events and piecing them. Little by little. "Jesus Dolly Parton Christ."

"That's some poetry I like." Billy reclined, covered in a loose sheet looking his insufferable cupid self. One hand behind his head while he tapped a rhythm into his abs. Evie moaned again, curling up toward the curtains.

"I did a keg stand..."

"Oh, yeah, you did." Blue eyes rolled. "Your highness."

"Did I puke on anyone?"

"Just some sorry ass purple primroses." He'd snarked with some amusement. "You almost got me, but I aimed you just fine."

"Shit. I'm-"

"You're gonna piss me off if you apologize again. That's a stupid girl habit you need to shake."

"Stupid girl habit, pfffs. I'm Billy Hargrove. I'm perfect and glowy with the face of a damn cherub. Know-it-all." Evie huffed and mumbled to mock him but Billy continued.

"You just did to me what I did to Harrington. Figure I had it coming. I'm still Billy-The Shit-Hargrove. Smoke and mirrors as you think." His chest rose and air blew out his mouth. "We didn't do anything, I just helped you home as you poured your tasty heart out."

"Yeah, uh... It's all coming back. Argh..." Evie rubbed her face and aimlessly waved for him to stop talking. She noticed Billy still had his jeans on, no shirt. Then, spied her own outfit under the robe. "The hell are we wearing?"

"You were keen to flash me those Fenny wiles so I tied you into the drunk girl straitjacket. Took some wrangling, but I think I earned the gold," he blinked, "and I didn't wear anything under the denim. I figured jeans were better than you waking to my huge, raw morning wood...unless you're into that."

He winked which earned him that scrunchy scowl he loved to see on her face.

Evie collapsed back on her front. Cursing daylight. Lingering black makeup still smeared around her eyes.