Ch. 17 I win.

It took me a while to fall asleep, I always thought my bed was comfy, but spending time in Alexander's house proved to me that his couch was more comfy than all my furniture combined. Not like I have much furniture anyway. Somehow, I fell asleep, with a small smile playing on my lips.

    When I woke up, I was groggy, and then I realized what time it was. Work started in fifteen minutes! Somehow I managed to somewhat straighten my hair, and put on nude colored lipstick with a pink tinge to it, at the same time. My hair was still wavy, and as I walked to my closet, I twisted my hair into a bun, remembering what Alexander said about being comfortable with my hair. Still I put it up, letting some strands wave down to frame my face. Quickly, I threw on the first outfit I saw. It was my nicest one. With a navy blue blazer, and navy blue pencil skirt, my shirt a milky white. Sliding it on, I quickly buttoned up my shirt, and slid into my nude colored pumps, as I hurried out of my apartment, I grabbed the gift I'd gotten Alexander. Over my life I collected little knick knacks I thought were cool. One of them was a silver horse, mid jump, the muscles rippled on it, and it was made with such delicacy. Which was must've been hard because it was the size of a small earring. He liked horses so that's what I grabbed for him.

    I rushed down the steps, taking two at a time despite being in heels. I'd been doing this for three years now. When I reached the bottom of the stairs, my legs ached slightly, but I ignored it. I was so going to be late. Running out, when I looked through the glass doors it was raining and hailing. I sighed, this was my nicest outfit damnit! Preparing myself, I sucked in a determined breath and stepped outside, there was a small over hang in the ceiling that shielded me from the rain, and I really didn't want to get drenched again.

    "Ms. Jones?" I heard a playful voice asked, I looked over in surprise. "Mr. Hollingsworth?" I asked, he was leaning against the wall in a really nice suit, with a large black umbrella. Kind of looked like he was going to a funeral. He looked over at me with a smile, "You really think that I'd let you run to work in this weather? I am a gentleman sometimes." He teased, walking over to me, wrapping his arm under my waist and pulling me under the umbrella. My heart nearly exploded at his touch. I'd been going to give him his little gift when I was mentally prepared, but I was not ready. It was so difficult, and I found myself tongue tied. He held the umbrella over me as he opened the door, and I got into the car. His chauffeur was driving so we were in the back.

    He slid in easily, closing the umbrella. "You look really surprised." He commented with a smirk, "How could I not be? Thank you by the way sir." I responded, I was thankful. Alexander inspected me, "Did you go on a shopping spree Ms. Jones?" He asked when he saw my nice clothes. I smiled a little, twiddling with the hem of my blazer. "No, this is actually my nicest outfit. So, once again, thanks." I answered, flushed at the compliment on my clothing. He smiled at me, "You look really nice Ms. Jones." He was trying to embarrass me, "You too Mr. Hollingsworth." I responded blankly, with a small smile. He smiled back, and I went to look out of the window.

    "Oh by the way, be sure to wait for me after you finish work today." He added, I raised a brow, "Sir?" I asked in confusion. "I going through on my promise to teach you self defense Ms. Jones." He explained, I'd completely forgotten. My response was a blank stare.

    "What?"

    He grinned, and slowly we pulled up to the office. I went to get out of the car, and he grabbed my wrist. "Wait for me, we'll walk in together so you don't get drenched again." He said, I nodded, and we walked in. I was really shy to be walking next to him. Mindy stared at me with wide eyes, and I looked away quickly. Ms. Joy was brimming with rage that would be revealed right after Mr. Hollingsworth left. "Do you have anything for lunch Ms. Jones?" He asked, closing the umbrella. I smiled sheepishly, "Um, no, um, sir." My speech was dearly affected, and I could tell by the playful look in his eyes he was reveling in my shyness.