Ch. 28 The Flight.

Alexander's P.O.V.
    Right when I had the time, I made some... changes to our flight plan. Alice could only pay for the lowest class of flight, and I didn't want her to be uncomfortable. Especially when she had to fly to her hometown to face her inner demons. So right when I dropped her off at her house, I organized a different flight. After telling Alice I'd pick her up to go to the airport, I called for my private jet, and made everything as comfortable as possible.

    At 5:00 am on April 5th, I pulled up to her apartment complex. Ever since I'd been training her and she'd finally started eating properly, she was finally looking more comfortable wearing her own skin. She held herself taller naturally, her jawline was sharp enough to cut diamond, as well as her cheekbones, her face had more color. In short, she looked less like the timid Alice I met at first. Today she didn't wear her usual work clothes, that I'd grown accustomed to seeing her in. She wore a loose tee, worn out blue skinny jeans, and obviously worn out boots that looked like the soles of the shoe were about to fall off. All her clothes looked worn out, and it wasn't for fashion purposes. She held a small suitcase, and I pulled up.

    "I got it." I said, swiping her bag away before she could protest, so her lips were parted but no words came out, which made me smirk. Honestly, I was in a suit still, the public couldn't see me in normal clothes, the tabloids would be raging.  Then I started driving the the airport, but Alice caught onto my plan surprisingly fast. "You've been to the airport a lot right?" She asked politely. "Of course, I come to the airport all the time." She nodded, then said, "You know you were supposed to turn there right?" I struggled to hide my smirk, "I know where I'm going Ms. Jones."  Alice looked at me, and then went back too looking out of the window.

    When we approached a lone jet, she caught on. "I can't accept this Alex, you know I don't have the money to pay you back." She protested as I helped her out of the car. "You don't have to pay me back." She let out a sigh, and gave me a look that reminded me of a sad kitten. "Here." She reached into her pocket, and pulled out a wad of cash. She grabbed my wrist surprising me, and shoved the money into my palm. "Take it." She grabbed her bag before I could protest, and we walked onto the plane.

    "So you're Alexander's new hit?" The pilot asked impolitely. Alice gave him a small smile, "You're jealous?" The pilot's face went red, and Alice walked to her seat. She must be really panicking to be that confident. I sat in front of her, and she looked at me, giving me a small somewhat exasperated smile. "Hey, you alright?" I asked gently, Alice kept her small smile. "Around you I'm always alright." I raised a brow, grinning. She always said sentences with double meanings like that. Her eyes widened a little as she realized what she said, and her face flushed. I chuckled, but then she calmed. "I'm not joking." She crossed her arms, leaning back, and looking out of the window. I raised my brow a little higher, "Oh?" I asked, Alice struggled to suppress a smile.

    I smirked, and rested my hand on her's. Like I expected she stiffened, "You don't like when I touch you Ms. Jones?" I asked, whenever I did she got adorably nervous. "I like it too much." After she admitted that I could tell she was internally cursing herself, and pleasure raced through me. She liked when I touched her, and it made her nervous so she stiffened. "Really Ms. Jones?" I let my and slide up her arm, and it was like a spell, because she didn't move, but she went completely stiff. Slowly she looked at me, and rested her hand on mine, making direct eye contact. "Do you want me to have premature cardiac arrest?" She snapped, and I smirked. Damn, I want kiss her sooo badly. "If I did?" I let my hand slide up farther, and she didn't move an inch.    

"Well that would be somewhat upsetting." She answered honestly, just like Alice, act like you have a sarcastic quip and then answer a flirty question with an honest answer. Classic. I smirked, "Wouldn't want to upset you now would I?" I continued, "You are very good at contradicting yourself Allie." My heart raced as her nickname for me rolled off her tongue. God why did she always do this too me? She smiled as I blushed, and leaned back, lacing her fingers through mine. Surprising me. She gave my hand a little squeeze. "You're cute." Alice commented, with a quirky smile on her lips. That made my heart race even faster. "When did you become such a flirt Ms. Jones?" I taunted, struggling to gather my bearings. Alice smiled crookedly, "Well you are a horrible influence on me, Allie." She basically whispered my nickname, and as the words escaped her lips, I grinned but my heart was basically about to implode.

    Damn it, damn it, damn it, I want to kiss her so badly. I sat next to her, even though I could've leaned over. Tucking her hair behind her ear, I leaned over, and kissed her cheek.

    "I win." I whispered, as her eyes widened, and blush crept across her face. I loved whenever I made her speechless. She recovered. "Whatever." Alice complained, kicking her legs up, and resting them on me since I sat next to her, her back pressed against the wall. I raised a brow, resting my hands on her legs. Then I couldn't resist the temptation any more. I pulled her towards me using her legs, and she let out a little yelp as I easily tugged her onto my lap. Wrapping one arm around her waist, I pulled her in, and she was completely speechless. "I can't help myself when you tempt me that way Ms. Jones." I teased. She rolled her eyes, and leaned against me. "I'm just going to accept this, you probably won't let me move anyway." Alice explained, I nodded, resting my chin on her head.    

"You're absolutely right Ms. Jones."

    She snuggled against me, surprising me and making my heart flutter. We sat like that and talked for a little while, and then slowly day turned to night, and before I knew it she was asleep. Her sleeping face was so peaceful, and like I said earlier, she was a sleep cuddler. Snuggling against me, she made herself comfortable, and I surprised myself by falling asleep too, eventually.

    When I awoke, we were there.