Ch. 39 It's Not What It Looks Like.

Alexander's P.O.V.

    It really wasn't what it looked like. The secretary had ulterior motives, because I was sitting at my desk when she walked into my office. She didn't knock, so before I could reprimand her, she told me that I was needed downstairs. So I stood, but before I could make it to the door she lunged at me. She literally lunged at me like a feral tiger going in for the kill. She slammed me against my desk and started kissing me, well more like suckling. By the time I could process what was happening, she ripped open her own shirt, and Alice walked in.

    That's when everything went to hell.

    That's also how I ended up in the hallway staring at the closed elevator doors. The way Alice didn't scream or shout, somehow that was more painful than all the tears I'd seen her cry combined. Her glassy eyes were shattered, and so was I. Whipping around, I was livid with pure fury. My secretary was buttoning up her shirt when I appeared in my office. She looked up, hopefully. That was the last straw.

    Next thing I knew I was yelling at her, at the top of my lungs, she was running out of my office, I didn't even give her time to button up her shirt fully. She was lucky I wasn't charging her for sexual assault. Not that I'd win that case. Society seems to have this idea guys can't be sexually assaulted. But I felt violated in every way. Slowly, my coffee maker girl handed me my daily cup of coffee. Looking back I felt sorry for her, with how furious I was, she didn't even stand a chance.

    "Why is this bitter?"

    "Y-y-you t-told me t-t-to m-make it t-that way s-s-sir."

    "I did?"

    "Y-y-yes s-sir."

    "Well I hate it."

    "S-s-sorry s-sir, d-d-do y-you w-w-want me to make you another c-c-cup?"

    "Don't worry about it. You're fired."

    Her eyes widened in horror, and I yelled at her to get out.

    That's when I raced out of the office myself, I had to find Alice. I had to explain things to her.

    I couldn't lose what we had.

    Just the thought made me shudder.