Ch. 24 Promotion Demotion and a Confession.

After he pulled back, I stood there in surprise. That'd been my first kiss. Right there, right then. After a few seconds of silence, and me just lightly pressing my fingers against my lips, Alexander asked, "Alice, you alright?" I held up a finger before he could say more. "I'm still processing this. One second." I answered, he smiled, biting on his bottom lip a little. Seriously, I'd spent 23 years of my life never being kissed before. It was so fast, but so permanent. So ground breaking. So I just stood there with my fingers lightly pressed against my lips, eyes wide.

"This is the oddest reaction a girl's had to my kissing." He commented, after a few more minutes of silence, that seemed to break the spell as one fleeting thought raced through my mind. ALEXANDER JUST KISSED ME! Suddenly my smile broke into an earsplitting grin as blush crept up my neck and into my face. Alexander had been laying on my bed, with his eyes closed. Had I taken that long?

    That gave me more of an opportunity to let my heart explode as I stood there. "Alice, somehow I feel you've gotten even more quiet. Did you not want me to?" A little worry crept into his face, "Dammit Alice, look at me." When I turned with the widest smile I'd ever given him, his eyes widened a little bit. His arm wrapped around my waist as he pulled me toward him. Letting out a little yelp, he positioned me onto his lap, and buried his face into my neck. Reaching up, he undid the bun I'd made, since it was loose, and let my hair fall to my shoulders in curls. "Alexander?" I asked slowly, "Let's just sit like this for a little while." We did, just sit like that. Until I glanced over and it was seven. "Alexander, I think we should start making food." I said, even though I didn't want to move, not an inch.

    He let out a little sigh, his breath tickling my neck, and I scooted from his grip. Alexander looked surprised, and very gentle as he rested his hand on mine. We looked at each other, "What no stupid flirty remark?" I asked, he smirked, "Didn't know you wanted one Ms. Jones." He responded easily, I smiled at him, "Of course I do, Allie." I answered, getting up, and walking to my kitchen area. Alexander slowly laid back down on my bed, which squealed in response. Cooking would distract me from what just happened, but no matter what I did, that stupid grin wouldn't leave my face. Just thinking Alexander, would bring it right back.

    I just starting stirring spaghetti noodles absently, it felt good to cook again. Keeping the noodles in the pot, I started multitasking, like a boss, before I knew it I was cooking a full on meal, my hair was in a messy bun, I had cookies in the oven, as I made sure the spaghetti was being cooked, I was expertly chopping onions to make a salad, and when I looked over, I saw Alexander taking a nap. From his stressful work, it was probably well needed. Tossing the salad, I finished the spaghetti, and pulled the chocolate chip cookies out of the oven. Their scent wafted throughout the whole apartment and I smiled. Today was just good, and I opened my window, the sun was setting.

    Suddenly Alexander's eyes snapped open, and he looked around. "What is that delicious smell?" He asked quietly, I wiped my hands on my leggings, "Spaghetti, salad, or most likely the cookies." I answered, that made him sit straight up. "You were able to make that much food?" He asked, "I used to love baking." I nodded, walking to the kitchen, and getting on my tippy toes, to reach some plates, how did I even get them up their, I'll never know. Before I got even begin to reach, and hand grabbed two plates, and I turned to a smirking Alexander.

    "Shut up."

    "Didn't even say anything."

    "You didn't have to."

    That made him smirk more as he helped me make the table. We got our food, and I was happy. To be there with him, that we kissed, everything. My missing work disappeared from my mind.

    Afterwards it was almost ten o'clock. Time had flew away and because as significant as a speck of dirt whenever I talked to Alexander. "Do you want me to pack you some of this for you to bring back to your house with you?" I asked, gathering his plate, and tying my hair up in a messy bun. Rolling up my sleeves, I started washing the dishes. Alexander walked over, and took a cookie, placing it in his mouth. When he took a bite of it and swallowed his eyes widened.