Ch. 19 Training.

When I stepped out of work, he was waiting for me. Mindy flashed me her signature wide eyes, and I knew she'd talk to me about this later. Well more like scream. "Hello Mr. Hollingsworth. I hope you know I have nothing to change into." He shrugged, and I crossed my arms. "I'm not letting you buy me clothes." I stated, not moving towards the car. He raised a challenging brow with a look that said, just let me buy you things. "Ms. Jones," He pleaded, I took a step back, shaking my head. "I'm not going to let you buy me clothes if I can't pay you back." I responded, and suddenly Ms. Joy passed by me.
"Slut." She whispered so only I could hear. It must've shown on my face, but I didn't let Alexander stand up for me. I hated it when I was accused of being an adultress, or whore. I hadn't even dated one man in my life before. "Ms. Joy!" I called before Alexander could say anything. "Yes?" She asked, I smile brightly, "How's your husband?" I knew her husband cheated on her, all the time, and she cheated on him. Her face went red with embarrassment, and anger. "Fine!" She growled, storming off. Alexander looked intrigued, "What did she say to you?" He asked, "She called me a slut." He clenched his jaw. "Don't worry about it." I added, he arched his brow, "Seriously? Don't worry about it?" He retorted, running a frustrated hand through his hair.

"Get into the car, please," He urged, I looked at him, "Will it make you happy?" I asked, he smiled, nodding. "Okay." I complied, sliding into the car. This time he was driving. "So, anything interesting? Work related?" I sighed, "If I tell you anything you get that I'm-about-to-murder-someone look, and then you get grumpy. So no." I answered, he looked at me through the rearview mirror, with a slight smirk on his face. "Grumpy?" He asked, I nodded. "Yes, you are a very grumpy person Alexander." I answered. He chuckled, "I promise not to do anything, as long as it's nothing too bad." Alexander insisted.

I sighed, leaning back. My back popped, and it was like the tension was ripped out of me. "Well, I've never really had friends at work because I've been too busy working, but now I definitely won't be making new friends any time soon." I admitted, "Why?" He asked, "Well when Ms. Joy said I was sleeping with you, she said it so the gossips heard, and now all I get is peculiar looks, and whispers." I answered, he didn't talk for a few seconds. "It doesn't matter though. If people aren't going to talk to me because of a rumor, I don't want to be friends with them anyway." I added quickly. Alexander sighed, releasing his tension.

"You've had a very lonely life haven't you?" He asked, I nodded. "No one really wants to hang out with the depressed orphan." My voice sounded harsh and bitter, and I worked to disregard my emotions. It took a few minutes. "Well, no one wants to hang out with the stupid rich boy either." He replied, I looked at him in surprise. "I mean a lot of people did but no one wanted to. Either they wanted money or they wanted to look cool. So no, no one genuinely ever wanted to hang out with me." Alexander explained. A small smile played on my lips, "I want to." I said quietly, he looked at me, "What was that Ms. Jones?" He asked playfully, I smile at him, "I want to hang out with you. Not because you're some rich guy, or because I want your money, but because you're such a dork. It's cute." I explained, surprised with my confidence. OH MY GOD I CALLED HIM CUTE! I realized. For a few seconds I thought he was going to be silent, and I looked over.

He was smiling, actually smiling. A very happy smile. "Why thank you Ms. Jones." He responded teasingly. I smiled tentatively at him, and he looked at me through the rearview mirror. "I want to hang out with you too. Not because I'm the rich guy who pities you, or because I want to sleep with you. But because you're very, very, interesting, nice, and genuine." He responded, I grinned widely. It was nice to hear someone finally say that.

"Oh please, stop. I'm blushing. Again." My sentence was blocky, he grinned at me, running his finger across his bottom lip, the movement made me stare. "See something interesting Ms. Jones?" He asked, I smiled at him, looking him right in the eyes, I arched my brow, "Yes." I answered, his grinned. "Please, do you want to try to out flirt me again, because you will lose." He retorted, I smirked, leaning back into my seat. "You don't really flirt Alexander, you just do things outrageous that make me blush profusely. I don't think it counts." I responded, he raised a brow at me. "Oh really? So you're saying that's all I have to do?" He asked, I didn't answer. "Now I know you're weakness." He whispered, sounding devilishly playful.