Ch. 21 That Way.

When I woke up, I nearly flipped out. Nearly, but I decided not to. Alexander was still in his suit, his arm was thrown over my waist, his chin was on top of my head, and his eyes were closed. He snored softly. His features looked so delicate, but so alive. Honestly, it looked like any minute his eyes would just snap open. I knew he was in a deep sleep because he wasn't moving, at all, his was breathing deeply. It was obvious.

I remembered last night, well most of last night except when I laid down on his bed, after that my mind went completely blank. Carefully, I played with his hair lightly, twirling it through my fingers, twisting so I was on my side and we were facing each other. "You're such a dork Alexander." I said, and I paused for him to give any indication he was awake, but he didn't. "To be jealous of Drake, that's ridiculous." I continued, talking to the completely passed out Alexander like he was awake. For a second I wondered how late he'd stayed up. Thank god it was Saturday, so I had work off. We get Saturday's off, thank god. "He was just a new guy I was showing around the building, and I nearly fainted so he caught me, but I guess that must've looked different through your perspective." I talked easily, it was must easier to talk to a sleeping Alexander, who didn't know what I was saying.

Continuing the play with his hair, his grip on me tightened, and I thought he was awake, but he wasn't. "It's really dumb for you to think like that. I don't know why you'd get jealous honestly. I really don't know if you even like me in a romantic way. But I like you that way, I like you that way a lot." I finished, the sleeping Alexander didn't respond. I smiled a little bitterly before sliding away. He didn't wake, looking over I saw what time it was. Ten in the morning. Twisting, I reached over, and shook his shoulder. He didn't wake up. Deep sleeper.

Sighing, I knew what I had to do. Clamping my fingers of his nose, after a few seconds his eyes snapped open. I smiled at his surprised look. "Good morning." I said, he coughed, looking up at me. I cocked my head to the side, curious if he heard me. If he did, he gave no indication. "I didn't know if you had work today, so I decided to wake up up." I explained, he shook his head, rolling onto his side. "No. I want to sleep." He grumbled, I smiled at him. Then I looked at his sheets and the color drained from my face. There was blood all over where I'd been laying, for a few seconds I assumed the uterus thing happened, yes I refuse to directly address, but then when I looked at my legs, I saw my knee was completely cut open.

"What the fuck?" I didn't realize I said that out loud until I heard booming laughter from Alexander, "What did you just say Ms. Jones?" He asked, "Fudge." I snapped, trying to bend my leg. I let out a long hissing sound where it sounded like I was about to say fuck so I actually just made a, "Fffffffffff." noise. "Do you have any bandages?" I asked, "Don't look over here." I snapped, not wanting him to see his completely ruined sheets. "Why?" He asked slowly. "My knee is cut really badly, and it bled everywhere, and I don't want you to see your ruined perfectly white sheets." I answered sheepishly, he rolled over, and looked at the mess.

Quickly he got up, and walked into his bathroom. He had an annoying habit of just walking off and expecting me to know where he was going. It really ticked me off. "Here," Alexander knelt in front of me, "Let me wrap it, it doesn't look like it needs stitches." He murmured, his fingers likely stroking my thigh as he put the bandage on. "Thank you Alex." I said, he wrapped it really well. "I'm really sorry, I had no idea I had a cut, I didn't even feel pain." He sighed, "You're probably too tired to even register it. I should've noticed." Alexander responded, looking up at me. "Didn't that Drake guy catch you?" He asked, "I guess I fell too far for him to..." Then I trailed off. Standing up, I winced. He quickly went to support me. "Something wrong?" He asked, my cheeks flushed.

I'm a sleep walker, a really weird sleep walker. Sometimes I made food and just left it there, other times I hurt myself. "Ms. Jones?" He asked, I huffed, and didn't respond as we limped into the kitchen. He lapsed into complete silence. All the dishes were washed, but all the cabinets were open, and there was a huge blood splotch on the floor. "What the fu-" I clamped my hand over his mouth. "Language." He raised a brow, moving my hand, "I think you have some explaining to do." He responded, his voice rich with curiosity and amusement.

"Well," I started twisting my fingers together as I often did when I was uncomfortable. He waited patiently, "I sleep walk a lot, and always do weird things whenever I do. Sometimes I bake, sometimes I clean, and sometimes I do this," I gestured to my knee. He bit on his bottom lip for a few seconds, then burst out laughing.

"It's not funny!"

"You're right, it's fucking hilarious!"

I glowered, then suddenly he pulled me close, snagging me by the waist. "And very, very," he leaned in close, my heart started thumping, "adorable." He pulled back before I could freak out, and I turned to get a mop, but he stopped me. "You have a bad cut, and you think I'm going to let you kneel down and clean?" He sounded insulted. "Yes!" I exclaimed, yanking my wrist from his grasp, and turning the sink. Flicking the sink on, I started rinsing the mop with purpose. That was so stupid of me! I completely ruined his sheets, and blankets. My hair was falling loose from my bun, and I felt him toy with the loose strands. "Are you sure you want to do that Ms. Jones?" He asked quietly, I thought he was tired, but it was really a trap.

"Yes!" I snapped, he didn't flinch away, "Well I can't allow that." I pointed the mop at him threateningly, "You don't dictate what I can, and can't do." I retorted, he raised his brows, smirking at the challenge. He crossed his arms, "Oh really?"

"Really." I said it slowly, maybe I was just ticked off with myself, but as the mop touched the floor, from behind his arms linked around my waist. "I'm not kidding!" I complained, then I felt his lips press against my neck and completely froze. Then he started suckling.

"ALEXANDER HOLLINGSWORTH! I AM GOING TO KILL YOU!" I screeched, possibly the loudest I'd ever yelled, but he suckled my god damn neck! He ducked as I whipped around, nearly hitting him with the mop. That was the only violent outburst he'd gotten out of me, he looked amused and surprised at the same time. I was faster with the mop too, because he'd been training me.

Taking a step towards him, he took a step back, and we continued like that, until his lower back pressed against the counter, and I pressed the hilt of the mop to his chest. Smirking, he raised both hands in a surrendering gesture, I pressed it harder, "You do not suck on a girl's neck without her permission Alexander." I stated, my face was flushed, and my heart was beating so fast. He smiled at me, with his signature raised brow. Then I realized how much I wanted to kiss him. I just wanted to grab his stupid tie, and pull him towards me, then press my lips against his.

"If you want to clean so badly, here." I relented, surprised by the urge to kiss him, and thrust the mop into his hands. "You look conflicted Ms. Jones, would you perhaps want to kiss me?" He hit the nail right on the head. I shot a glare at him, "Maybe when I drop dead." I snapped, I was so flustered. "Oh, it looks like I'm getting your sassy side right now." Scooting past him, I opened the fridge, "I'm making eggs, do you want any?" I asked, he looked up at me. "Yes." He made it sound like a question. "Scrambled?" He shrugged, "That's not an answer." I complained, he turned to me. "How do you think I like my eggs?" He asked, I shrugged.

"That way." I referenced back to when I was talking to him this morning, it was a test. But a look of pure confusion was on his face. I smiled, feeling sad yet happy, "What does that mean?" He asked. I turned around, pulling out a pan, and placing it on the stove. "Nothing Alexander. I'll just scramble them." I answered, but I could basically feel his curiousity.

"Ms. Jones, are you keeping secrets?"

I shrugged, and I just sensed his smirk.

"That's not an answer Ms. Jones."

"It is now, Mr. Hollingsworth."

He chuckled, but I knew he wouldn't let it go.

I really did like him that way. The way made me want to kiss him, or just be around him.

Yeah, that way.