Ch. 38 The New Secretary.

I ate lunch with Alexander regularly. It really helped relieve all the stress that I have building up inside me. So when I walked in and saw Alexander, the man I'd come to love so dearly, in a passionate embrace with his "secretary" it took a few seconds to process. Usually I didn't knock, he told me I never needed to knock, so I didn't. Today was no different, but instead of seeing his beautiful smile, I saw a tangled mess of limbs. Her shirt was ripped out, he was pressed against the desk, she was kissing him so intensely there was spit all over his face.

    My heart plummeted. He made eye contact with me, and shoved her off. "Alice, this isn't what it looks like!" He exclaimed, I didn't say anything. I didn't even blink. My face was completely and utterly blank, because horror made me unable to make a facial expression.

    Tears stung my eyes, and I just walked out of his office. I wasn't even aware that I'd ran to the elevator until I turned and saw him racing after me. The doors clicked shut before he even made it halfway down the hall to catch up.

    Leaning against the wall of the elevator, I called Drake, told him to watch over the office because I wasn't going back in. The tears won, and raced down my face. Stepping out from the elevator, I walked calmly out of the office, and kept walking. Honestly, I had no idea where I was going. But I just kept on. If I went back to my apartment, he'd find me. So that wasn't an option. My hands shook as I sat on a park bench. The park was relatively empty, and I was enshrouded in trees. Slowly my hands clenched, my nails biting into my palms. He'd never cared, never truly cared. I was nothing to him. How long had he been doing that with that stupid secretary?

    Using my palms, I wiped away my tears and leaned back. Staring at the sky, I felt the loose stitches that held my heart together come undone. My heart completely broke, and next thing I knew, I had my arms wrapped around my torso, and I was just shaking. Breaking down.

    Why had I even thought a guy like him would like a girl like me?