chapter 2

Y/N woke up from the sound of an obnoxious alarm. She looked around the room, trying to figure out where it was coming from. Y/N heard a yawning sound coming from behind her. The ringing of the alarm turned off as Y/N realized she wasn't in her own room.

"Morning, Y/N." She heard a quiet voice and the shuffling of bed sheets behind her. She quickly turned her head to see a girl in cloud pajamas, walking to the closet. Y/N finally registered that she was in Korea.

Yeji grabbed some clothes for her outfit and turned to meet Y/N with sleepy eyes, "Sorry if my alarm woke you." The cat eyed girl walked over to Y/N, "Here's my extra uniform. Sunghoon is probably taking a shower right now and Eomma should be cooking breakfast."

Y/N nodded and grabbed the clothes from Yeji, "I'll be helping her make breakfast so you can stay in here until Sunghoon is done with his shower." Yeji smiled and left the room, leaving a tired Y/N on the mattress.

'She's definitely a morning person,' Y/N thought as she looked at her uniform. The uniform consists of a while shirt with a red vest on top, layered with a plaid patterned tie with a gray skirt. "Y/N! Sunghoon is out of the shower now so you can get ready." Yeji said from the kitchen.

"Okay," Y/N replied, leaving the bedroom with the outfit in her hand and walked to the bathroom.

~~~

Y/N steps out of the shower feeling refreshed and changes into her uniform. Starting with her skincare, she applied serums and some moisturizer. She then proceeded to brush her teeth and comb her hair. She grabbed a blow dryer from under the sink and dried the wet ends of her hair. Y/N then began to part her hair evenly and styled the right side of her hair. She purposely left a couple loose hairs out so it created bangs, then she did the same with the left side.

Once she finished, Y/N grabbed the towel from the counter in front of her and hung it through the towel ring. As she was leaving the bathroom, Y/N saw Mrs. Park walking to the front door.

The older lady noticed Y/N and greeted her, "Good morning, Y/N! I'm heading out for work now, but I wanted to let you know that there's breakfast on the counter for you."

"Thanks, have a good day at work," Y/N stuttered but played it off with a shy smile. She continued walking to the kitchen and looked at the breakfast on the counter. Yeji and Sunghoon had already started eating.

"Good morning, Y/N," Sunghoon says.

"Morning," Y/N replied. She grabbed the plate of food on the counter and began to eat with the others.

"Today's your first day at school. How do you feel?" Sunghoon spoke to her with a mouthful of Korean steamed egg and rice.

Gulping her food, Y/N replied, "I feel nervous and sort of excited." Sighing, Y/N added, "I miss my family in Japan, though."

"It's only been a day," Sunghoon remarked jokingly, which made Yeji nudge him and almost knocked him off of the chair, "I'm sure you'll adjust."

"Knock it off, Sunghoon. She just moved. I'm sure it's hard transitioning to a different lifestyle." Yeji huffed, grabbing another bite size of her food then eating it.

Sighing, Sunghoon shook his head. "I was joking, noona."

Smiling at their dynamic, Y/N continued her meal in silence before she headed off to school with Sunghoon, waving goodbye to Yeji. "Stay safe, you two!" The oldest called after them, Sunghoon absentmindedly acknowledging her worries.

Y/N walked to school with her "brother", the two of them walking side by side through the intersection until they finally arrived at school.

"Y/N, you should stay close to me. You shouldn't get lost on your first day." Sunghoon remarked, with Y/N nodding silently. She trailed after him as he went to greet his friends.

"Hey, Sunghoon!" A tall brunette boy greeted him, waving and smiling enthusiastically. His gaze turned towards Y/N. "Oh, who's this?"

"This is Y/N. She just moved from Japan, she's staying with me and my family." Sunghoon coolly responded, giving a gentle, encouraging smile to Y/N.

"Hello," Y/N mumbled awkwardly, waving to Jake.

"Come on, let's go meet with the others. I'm sure they'd be happy to meet you, Y/N." Grinning, Jake led Sunghoon and Y/N to a pair of boys who were speaking near a block of lockers. The two turned to look at their friends, one of them quirking a questioning eyebrow at Y/N.

"Who's this?" The slightly shorter boy pointed to Y/N.

"This is Y/N. I guess she's what you would call Sunghoon's younger sister." Jake shrugged nonchalantly.

"She recently moved to Korea. She's staying with me and my family." Sunghoon quickly added an explanation before the boy could question him further.

The two boys nodded in acknowledgment and began to introduce themselves to Y/N. "Hello! I'm Heeseung," Heeseung gave a kind smile to Y/N, gesturing to the other boy. "And this is Jay."

Jay wordlessly nodded to Y/N.

"I hope you don't mind her hanging out with us. I don't want her to be alone on her first day." Sunghoon smiled apologetically at his group of friends.

"It's fine, I'm sure she appreciates the company," Heeseung shrugged, grinning. "Have you heard? The dance team's holding auditions." He added.

"Y/N!" Ni-ki ran towards her, grinning excitedly as he clutched a colorful flyer in his hands. "Look! Our school's holding dance auditions!" He hugged her with happiness plastered on his face.

Y/N smiled, taking the flyer out of his hands after their hug broke, and observing the beautifully decorated advertisement. "Are you going to try out? I'm sure you'll do great!"

"Duh, obviously! I'm going to make sure there's no competition left." Ni-ki smirked triumphantly, clearly confident in his skills.

Chuckling, Y/N replied, "Don't get too cocky."

"Come on, Y/N, you already know that I'm the best," Ni-ki pulled her into another tight embrace, resting his chin on her head. "In dancing and for you."

Flustered, Y/N pushed Ni-ki away. "Stop," Y/N laughed, shaking her head.

"What? You know it's true!" He said, grabbing her wrist and started walking in no particular direction, "I have something to show you."

It didn't take long before Y/N and Ni-ki arrived in front of a classroom. He knocked on the door and waited for someone to open it.

The door opened, "Ni-ki! We're almost done." A girl with brown hair said, holding a box of crayons in her hand, "Oh! Hi, Y/N!"

"Hi, Kazuha," Y/N said, smiling at the older girl.

Kazuha let them inside the room, trying to be secretive of what she was doing. She almost ruined the entire plan that Ni-ki set up.

Ni-ki quickly held his hand in front of Y/N's eyes so she wouldn't be able to see what was happening, "What're you doing Ni-ki?" Y/N laughed awkwardly.

Before she knew anything, Ni-ki put his hand to his side. She saw beautiful pieces of artwork hanging from the ceiling of the classroom and noticed the dedication. On the walls were crochet flowers that were hand knitted with the utmost care.

Y/N looked at Ni-ki and saw him holding something behind his back, "Happy 6 months, Y/N." He smiled, giving her a teddy bear with a red ribbon on it.

Y/N smiled at the memory, "Yeah, I'm actually trying out for the dance team myself."

"Ah, a brave one I see! This high school has one of the most elite dance teams in the city so the competition will be insane. Our good pal is the dance captain and his moves are crazy good!" Heeseung said, "Hopefully you make the team, Y/N."