chapter 20

Today, Y/N and Ni-ki were going on their first date as a couple again. Before their date, Ni-ki took Y/N to meet his host family. Knocking on the door, Y/N stood by Ni-ki nervously. After a few seconds of waiting, a young man opened the door, smiling widely as soon as he recognized Ni-ki.

"Riki-ah," The young man turned his attention to Y/N. "Who's this?"

"This is, Y/N, the girl I've been talking to you about."

"Ahh!" The man continued, "He's been talking about you since the day he came to Korea. Come in, come in." He teased, signaling the two to come inside.

The two followed him inside the well-decorated house, and the two stopped at the dining room, where Ni-ki's host family waited to greet them.

"I'm Yang Jeongin, Riki's brother," Jeongin signaled to his parents. "And these are my parents. We're Riki's host family."

Y/N turned to Riki's parents, bowing respectfully. "Hello, I'm Y/N, it's a pleasure to meet you," She stuttered nervously, desperate to impress them.

"Oh, it's so nice to see you! Riki talks about you all the time," Their mother smiled, shaking Y/N's hand.

"Mom!" Ni-ki whined, embarrassed.

"What? It's true, it's all you've been doing these past three years," Jeongin's mother exaggerated.

"Umm, you know what, I think Y/N and I should get going now!" Ni-ki said, ushering Y/N to the front door.

"Nice meeting you all!" Y/N said shyly before the door closed behind her.

"Don't you think it was rude to leave your family behind like that?" Y/N smiled at Ni-ki.

"Well.. The walk to the place we're going to is pretty far.." Ni-ki continued, "I'd just like to get a head start," He said, scratching his nape.

"Sure, lead the way," Y/N agreed, holding Ni-ki's hand as he led her to the unknown place.

After several minutes of walking, Ni-ki stopped in front of a restaurant, looking down at her.

"I hope you like this place," Ni-ki smiled, bashfully. "I picked this restaurant thinking of you."

"Yeah well if there isn't any sujeonggwa for dessert, I might not like this place," Y/N teased as they walked inside.

They were greeted by a waitress, "Table for two." Ni-ki replied as the waitress started walking to a booth. The couple decided to get drinks while they searched the menu.

The waitress came back with their drinks, setting them down on the table. She asked if they were ready to order yet but both of them shook their heads politely.

Unsure of what she wanted, Y/N kept flipping through the pages of food. Everything looked so good but she ultimately decided to get the kimchi bokkeumbap with gamja jorim. Ni-ki chose to get an order of jeyuk bokkeum with a side of duk boki.

The couple ordered when the waitress came back and sat in relatively awkward silence, unsure of what to say to one another.

"You look great today." Ni-ki said, looking at his phone for the nth time, "I mean, you look great everyday but today you look exceptionally great."

Y/N smiled, laughing, "And you look more handsome yourself," She lowered his phone, staring at him, winking.

"Y/N.. We're in public.." Ni-ki said, defenselessly, trying to get Y/N to stop flirting.

"What? I can't have fun?" Y/N smiled innocently, leaning back in her chair.

"Y/N.."

"Is it because of your parents?" Y/N asked, "If you're worried they might find out, this date isn't a good idea."