chapter 15

Finally, the weekend had come after what seemed like a very long week. Kazuha invited Y/N to watch a movie with her like old times.

Y/N took a shower, and put on the clothes she bought from the store she went to with Kazuha. She curled her hair and put on a light layer of makeup, waiting for Kazuha to pick her up. Y/N smiled as Kazuha's car pulled up to the apartment complex's parking lot, but she paused as soon as she saw Ni-ki in the passenger seat.

Startled, Ni-ki looked at Y/N. He coughed nervously, looking away as he tried to regain his composure. Y/N entered the back seat behind Ni-ki, staring down at her lap.

"Yeah.. So I might've accidentally invited both of you.. Heh." Kazuha said, scratching her nape as she started driving again.

Y/N silently nodded, scrolling through her phone as she waited for the trio to arrive at the movie theaters. The blinking letters of the movie theater greeted them, and Kazuha parked the car in an empty spot.

Locking the car, Kazuha led the younger two into the theaters, with them silently trudging in awkward silence. Y/N occasionally glanced at Ni-ki, flustered once he exchanged eye contact with her in those certain moments.

The three took their seats, Y/N and Ni-ki sitting next to one another, and Kazuha sat to the left of Y/N. The three watched the movie intently until Kazuha excused herself to go to the bathroom.

The genre of the movie was horror, and Y/N got startled by a certain scene within the movie, and she unconsciously huddled closer to Ni-ki. Ni-ki noticed this, and comfortingly placed his hand on Y/N's, intertwining their fingers together, giving her hand a gentle squeeze.

"It's okay," Ni-ki whispered, rubbing his thumb over her palm.

Ni-ki continued to hold Y/N's hand throughout the movie, and once Kazuha had returned, she noticed this and smirked to herself. Not wanting to get noticed, she quickly took out her phone, taking a photo before leaving, and left completely.

After the movie had finished, Ni-ki and Y/N made their way out of the movie theaters. It was around eight when they got outside. Ni-ki leaned his back against the wall, while Y/N texted Kazuha.

Zuha-sama

y/n:
where tf are you?

the movie just ended

it's so awkward with
just me and ni-ki help

kazuha:
i figured you could use
this time to bond with him ;)

thank me later!! xoxo

y/n:
ZUHA WTF?

YOU DID NOT JUST LEAVE
ME HERE WITH HIM..

kazuha:
sorry bff!!

but honestly riki's starting
to get the hots for you #tbh

y/n:
girl..

HELP HES STARING
AT ME WHAT DO I DOOO

kazuha:
OMGOMGOMG

UMMM INITIATE
SOMETHING IDK

y/n:
GIRLIE I HAVE NO RIZZ
TF YOU THINK I AM?????

bro......

ZUHA WHAT DO I SAY

kazuha:
girlie just say thank you
for the comfort idk LMFAO

bro gripped on your hand like his
life depended on it

y/n:
ZUHA WTH????

kazuha:
c'mon that HAS to have
romantic intent right

girl just talk to him i bet
the tension is fatter than
your ass lol

y/n:
ZUHA YOU ARENT HELP
ME RIGHT NOWWW???

kazuha:
i'm not lying though like
ur rlly flat

anyways

y/n:
are you drunk or smtn 😀

kazuha:
girl no wtf

i'd be charged with dui

TALK TO HIM RNNN

y/n:
UGH FINE
Seen at 8:17 P.M.

Y/N put her phone away, turning to look at Ni-ki. She cleared her throat initiating the conversation, "Kazuha-sama left us here.. I think we have to call for a taxi."

Ni-ki hummed in response. He was definitely making this harder for Y/N.

"Do you.. Want me to call for one?" Y/N asked nervously, unsure of what to do next.

"Sure," Ni-ki responded, his eyes scanning the outside area of the movie theaters.

Y/N stood there, looking down at the ground for a minute not knowing what to do. "Aren't you gonna call for a taxi?" Ni-ki said looking at Y/N for a split second and then looking back at the scenery around them.

"Oh, um, yeah," Y/N stuttered, tapping a few numbers on her phone, pressing her phone to her right ear.

Not long after, a taxi approached Ni-ki and Y/N. Ni-ki let Y/N enter the taxi first, and not long after, he joined her in the taxi, his shoulders barely touching Y/N's.

The taxi was cramped. Y/N sat there uncomfortably, looking outside the window at the open streets that were once filled with many people. The street lights hit the window, sometimes even blinding Y/N.

The ride was very silent. Even the taxi driver felt the tension lingering in the car and tried to ease it by asking a few questions here and there, earning some short responses mostly from Y/N.

"So, how long have you two been dating?" The taxi driver asked, keeping his gaze concentrated on the road.

"Oh, we're not-"

"Five years." Ni-ki quickly intervened, calmly replying to the drivers' question.

"How impressive, not many young people have relationships that last long," The driver remarked, continuing, "You two are quite committed to each other!"

Ni-ki cracked a small smile, responding, "Yeah. I truly do love her."

Flustered, Y/N looked away from their gaze. The rest of the ride was relatively quiet until the taxi arrived in the parking lot of the Parks' apartment complex.

"Um, see you tomorrow, Riki," Y/N muttered. He exited out of the taxi, stepping towards her. He looked down at her, leaning into her ear.

He whispered gently, his breath tickling her earlobe, "I meant what I said, by the way," Ni-ki smiled, waving goodbye to the shorter girl. "See you around."

Before Y/N could have the chance to reply, Ni-ki entered the taxi and left her in the parking lot, her face red.