chapter 6

Her eyes landed on Nishimura Riki. A bunch of questions rushed through her mind. She was shocked, but she had to maintain her professionalism to receive her results.

She quickly headed off to the side, not wanting to stand in the center of the room anymore. She felt pressured as the judges began to write on their papers excessively.

"L/N Y/N, correct?" One of the judges spoke. Y/N saw a slight change in Ni-ki's expression, however, he kept his composure.

"Yes, that's right," Y/N nodded politely, awaiting her evaluation.

"You've performed excellently, but I believe you still have many areas to improve in. How long have you been dancing?" He spoke with great authority.

"Three years, sir." Y/N took a shaky breath, waiting for him to continue.

Nodding nonchalantly, the judge continued his evaluation. "You're exceptional for someone whose dance experience is very little. You're someone who's worthy of joining the team. However, I did find some of your movements stiff. This is one thing you can improve on."

"Thank you," Y/N bowed, accepting the judge's compliment.

Ni-ki nodded wordlessly, agreeing with what the judge had to say. It seemed to Y/N, that he had nothing to say to her. The other judge began her evaluation, agreeing with most points brought up by the male judge.

"I agree with my colleague, you're quite exceptional for a dancer with little experience. In my personal opinion, you can improve the fluidity of your movement. Otherwise, your skill is very worthy of the dance team."

"Thank you so much," Y/N bowed again. Ni-ki didn't give his personal opinion of her dancing, and dismissed her.

Outside the dance room, Sunghoon greeted Y/N with a wide grin. "Y/N, I heard you did amazing! You received such great praise from the judges!"

"Thanks, oppa," Y/N smiled at him. "Hopefully I make the team."

"Hopefully? Come on, Y/N! They were so impressed by you, they basically accepted you on the spot," Sunghoon scoffed. "If they don't, they'll be missing out."

"Hey, hyung," Ni-ki approached Sunghoon, stopping in his tracks as his eyes landed on Y/N. "What are you doing here?"

"What do you mean? Ni-ki-yah, do you know Y/N?" Sunghoon turned to look at the younger boy.

"Long story," Ni-ki's eyes averted back to Y/N, "I thought you didn't know how to dance."

Y/N gave Ni-ki a knowing look, a sorrowful look crossing her face. "Someone had to chase their dream. I decided I should too."

"And you were so stuck up on me that your dream suddenly became the exact same as mine?" Ni-ki replied in a somewhat revulsive tone.

"I had to find a way to cope with your absence," Y/N frowned. "You were the one who abandoned me first, Nishimura Riki."

Sunghoon looked at the two, wondering if he should leave before things escalated.

Ni-ki looked at Sunghoon, "How do you know her?"

"Well, one day she appeared at my door and-"

"Hyung! Stop joking around." Ni-ki said in a serious voice, scaring Sunghoon a bit.

"We're her host family. She came from Japan a few days ago..?"

"Why are you starting to care about my life now, Ni-ki?" Y/N said with a bit of distaste. "As I said, you were the one who left first. You chose your dream over me."